Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Live reviews / meetups Dinosaur Jr Seattle, WA 08/08/09

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    tonas

Going up to Seattle later today to see Dinosaur. Its been a bit since I seen them last. Hopefully they play a good show.

I went up to Seattle last night and saw some old friends play. Seaweed played the Crocodile Cafe last night and it was a rad show.

So between Seaweed last night and Dinosaur today it almost feels like 93 or 94 again. :D

girl
    Participant

If you start seeing a lot of unkempt individuals wearing flannel you just might have travelled back in time. :mrgreen:

Can’t wait to hear all about it when you get back. :D

tom
    Participant

Hope you had a great time at the show. Maybe J and the guys will bring you up to play rhythmn guitar for a song or two.

tonas

Just got home. It was a good show, big crowd. Here is what they played:

Bulbs of Passion
    Been There All the Time
    Back to Your Heart
    The Wagon
    Pieces
    Over It
    Out There
    Feel the Pain
    Freakscene
    Raisains
    Just Like Heaven
    Chunks

The Lung

I’ll post some pics once I have them uploaded somewhere. Lots of cool indie bands today at the barbeque, Born Anchors (Seattle band), Japandroids (Vancouver BC Band), Cymbals Eat Guitars (NY Band). Really good little festival I had a great time.

After the Wagon J told a story to the crowd about how Sub Pop wanted to put out the single. J told them they could under one condition, that they take him out to eat at the top of the space needle. So they did and J said it was fun to eat while spinning around.

Also I got to talk with Noel a little bit and mentioned I enjoyed reading his blog (noelatthecontrols), he was amazed that somebody read it and took my picture. He says he’s going to put it up on the blog, so I’ll look for that. Pretty cool.

Like I said I’ll post my pics soon.

Over and out.

bob
    Participant

I was there too. This was the my fourth time seeing them and it was by far the best. A great set list. The only extended solo was Raisans and J was using a memory man or something and the solo grew until it was so loud that you couldn’t even hear murph. Amazing. I had tears in my eyes after that. I can’t wait to see them again in November.

I even got to meet J for a second after the show. I’m on an amazing high right now since Dino’s been my favorite band for at least 14 years now.

tonas

Yeah that solo on Raisains rules, at one point it was just noise. Totally epic for sure, I hadn’t ever seen J do that to a solo, it brought a smile to my face.

On another note Robert would have loved it. Boobies bouncing around all day long. There were lots of them and I wished that Robert was there to enjoy them. :)

tonas

Lets see if this works, pics here: http://s54.photobucket.com/albums/g120/tonas73/Dinosaur”>http://s54.photobucket.com/albums/g120/tonas73/Dinosaur Jr/?albumview=slideshow&direction=reverse

(I think copying and pasting into your browser will work best)

Girl, notice the few days worth of growth on my face :wink: .
    :lol:

girl
    Participant

:lol: I’m trying to see your sexy stubble, Tonas but it says I need a password.

tonas

Sorry I thought it was public, guess not. For anyone who wants to look the password is Dinosaurjr

hansjoakim
    Participant

Thanks, tonas :)

Obseqio
    Participant

This post is awesome! I’m glad you got to meet J. I met him once in Pittsburgh. I hope to meet the band in Philadelphia.

To Dinosaur Jr. the # 1 band in the world.

girl
    Participant
    "Obseqio" wrote:
    To Dinosaur Jr. the # 1 band in the world.

:D

Tonas, you handsome devil, those pics were great. I can’t wait to see them in October!

tonas

Why thank you Girl, and I’m excited too to see them again in November. :D

tonas

Just got an email from Free so free, the show is now available for download. :D

Robert
    Participant
    "tonas" wrote:
    On another note Robert would have loved it. Boobies bouncing around all day long. There were lots of them and I wished that Robert was there to enjoy them. :)

Oh boy ! I wish I was too. Thanks for thinking of me, even under such circumstances tonas :D
    And from what you guys said about the show I would’ve loved to be there, even without the bouncing boobies.

Sadly the link to the pictures doesn’t seem to work anymore.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.