Home Forums General Discussions Site Suggestions + Comments Dinosaur Jr on TripleJ Radio

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    tonas

That Tom Petty cover was funny and awesome at the same time. I guess I’m a little less embarassed to be a Tom Petty fan now that I know J, Lou & Murph like him. I must admit I have like 50 or 60 Tom Petty songs on my ipod.

tom
    Participant

I liked Almost Ready better acoustic too!
    Tonas,
    Don’t be ashamed of liking Tom Petty. I think he’s one of the better rock (not metal/indie/alternative, just plain old rock) artist that has come from the US. Most of the great rock bands come from England. The first concert I ever saw was Tom Petty, around 1981. I was either 5 06 6, and went along with my mom.

tonas

Thanks Tom I figured I would get lit up for posting that. But he really does write some good songs.

tom
    Participant

Tonas,

No problem. I think we were the only two that liked the Chili Peppers poppier stuff too, so we may have to defend our Tom Petty stance together as well. LOL.

He’s no Led Zepplin, Sabbath, or The Who, but Petty does have 4-5 very solid albums. Thats more then most American rock and roll bands.

kracked873
    Participant

has anyone heard the sebadoh cover of "free fallin" the used to do back in 90-91. theres a good capture of it on the eric gaffney home video that he used to sell at shows way back. gaffney sings it and lou sings backups for the chorus. the chorus is just kinda like:
    ERIC:"FREEEEEAAJAAGHGHHH!!!! LOU:"freee faaallin" gaffney screaming FREEEE harshly then lou coming in all molodically with the "free fallin" its great.

they did it a few times on the reunion tour, eric doesnt scream it like he used to but still cool that theyre keeping it up.

toddashleigh
    Participant

I was hoping that Triple J wound put this up on their website but it looks like it has disapeared.

I have uploaded the first part of the interview and the Almost Ready acoustic version. The quality is pretty bad (sorry).

http://rapidshare.com/files/43933828/Dinosaur_Jr_triple_j_Interview_part1.mp3.html

Again sorry for the delay and quality.

Cheers

ovaldisc
    Participant

Thanks. Almost Ready sounds good acoustic.

Elbit
    Participant
    "Tom " wrote:
    Tonas,

No problem. I think we were the only two that liked the Chili Peppers poppier stuff too, so we may have to defend our Tom Petty stance together as well. LOL.

He’s no Led Zepplin, Sabbath, or The Who, but Petty does have 4-5 very solid albums. Thats more then most American rock and roll bands.

Tom Petty is one of my favorite people in the world, I have listened to him since I was a young lad. Does anyone else think the pianoish part in its good to be king sounds like the lion king where the warthogs like "WHEN I WAS A YOUNG WARTHOG" could be just me and my friend but whatever.

Elbit
    Participant

Almost Ready sounds almost mexicanish in a really neet way.

realitysoldier
    Participant

anyone this mp3?

realitysoldier
    Participant

anyone got this mp3?

bloodyears
    Participant

Any chance someone can re-up this? Or link to the audio? I’m dying to hear/see this!

bloodyears
    Participant

Can somebody PLLEEEEASE re-up this? I can’t find it anywhere, and I’m dying to hear it!

jeremiah
    jeremiah
    Keymaster

http://pxln8.com/post/22544052347/another-really-rare-one-dinosaur-jr-doing-an

recovered a hard drive and found that gem on there. Lots of other stuff too

bloodyears
    Participant

wow, thanks so much jeremiah! you made my day!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.