Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Live reviews / meetups DINOSAUR JR. LIVE AT GRAND CENTRAL IN MIAMI AFTER THE WEEZER CRUISE

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    GrandCentral
    Participant

MONDAY | JANUARY 23rd 2012 | 8 PM

Grand Central presents DINOSAUR JR. + YUCK performing LIVE

$26 advance // $30 door

Advance tickets: http://www.grandcentralmiami.com/

FB event: https://www.facebook.com/events/251114468282151/

GRAND CENTRAL | 697 N MIAMI AVE | DOWNTOWN MIAMI | 305.377.2277

spokennerd
    Participant

Does anyone have a setlist from this show. I saw them twice on the cruise and spent the night in Miami but had friends I needed to ketchup with so I missed them.

ShhhPeaceful
    Participant

I had the fortune of going last night at the last minute and oh boy….I counted EVERYTHING from You’re Living All Over me except for Lose, Poledo and Tarpit and maybe Raisins wasn’t played but I’m pretty sure it was….they opened with something new (maybe the Farm opener) I was not familiar with and then from there it was just straight through YLAM with Freak Scene, Forget the Swan, They Always Come, Let It Ride, MOUNTAIN MAN thrown in and i think just two new songs total. Encore: In A Jar, Just Like Heaven, very shortened, edited down version of Mote by Sonic Youth (it sounded like at least, nothing else I could I make “Ellis the Vacuum Child” sound like)…probably forgetting a couple, but a setlist consisting of 3/4 You’re Living All Over Me, couldn’t be happier. Still can’t hear well.

ShhhPeaceful
    Participant

so i’ll do it in list form, not 100% correct order (but close):

Pieces
    The Lung
    Kracked
    No Bones
    They Always Come
    Feel the Pain
    Little Fury Things
    Kracked –>
    Sludgefest (1 minute Instrumental that follows on LP!!!!!)
    Freak Scene
    Mountain Man
    Forget the Swan
    They Always Come
    Raisans
    (not 100% on what they closed with, it was more of an instrumental though)
    Encore
    In a Jar
    Just Like Heaven
    Mote (Sonic Youth) (again, would like someone else to clarify this, but it sounded exactly like key lines from Mote; Mascis does backing vocals on Goo so i guess this makes more sense? But Lou Barlow sang it at Grand Central)

ShhhPeaceful
    Participant

what about the cruise set?

spokennerd
    Participant

Not sure about the exact set list. On thursday they opened with thumb. I know they played Feel the pain, out there, just like heaven, freak scene, little furry things, ect.

On Saturday they played a lot of the same songs but I know they added Mountain Man and The Wagon. Not sure what else. Pretty rad!

jeremiah
    jeremiah
    Keymaster

Thanks! I would love to hear that take on Mote if that is what it is. I would not be surprised though, it looks like they were working in a few jams on the cruise videos I have seen so far.

Yuck
    Get Away

The Base of a Dream is Empty

Dinosaur Jr
    Thumb

Little Fury Things

Feel The Pain

Forget the Swan

Just Like Heaven

Thumb

Out There

jeremiah
    jeremiah
    Keymaster

Also the pre-cruise Sebadoh show at Grand Central

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.