Home › Forums › Dinosaur Related Discussions › Dinosaur/J News & Discussions › dinosaur jr interview from nerve magazine march 1993
- This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 19 years, 2 months ago by rambleon.
March 18, 2004 at 10:26 am #46835
this article was taken from nerve magazine – march 1993 (their 1st issue!)
slithering around with those terrible lizards – dinosaur jr
by david turin
If it takes a tough man to make a tender chicken, does it take an emotionally shut-down agoraphobic to make Dinosaur Jr a great band ? Apparently so.
Sitting across from the bandâ€™s braintrust, J Mascis, at New York Cityâ€™s Gramercy Park Hotel, itâ€™s no surprise that the stringy-haired malcontent is silently shoving linguini into his mouth. The groupâ€™s 26-year-old singer-songwriter-guitarist-producer is notoriously silent. Heâ€™d rather stay in his room and watch TV than do almost anything else. Not that heâ€™s unpleasant. He shakes hands, he smiles. He helps get the tape recorder running. But heâ€™s not really here.
That is, until he notices six old ladies at an adjacent table daintily drinking tea and eating finger sandwiches and a miracle occurs.
Mascis goes on his first documented rant.
â€œThere were these older women who I went to school with at Hunter College here in New York. They were really loud, really insane. Allâ€™s they did with their lives was do their homework
and they only took one class soâ€™s they had the jump on you. Well, one day this one lady was talking to me and she just fell over in her chair, like backwards – just like straight back, just fell right over.
â€œI was sitting next to her, watching her head as it hit the floor, and just watching the blood coming out, and everyone was just watching her.
â€œBut this is the weird part – she just kept babbling away….â€March 18, 2004 at 1:27 pm #100792
Wow! what an amazing & weird "interview"!
thanks a lot for making it available here, rambleon!
lots of speculation about J in there…March 18, 2004 at 3:37 pm #100793
yeah, it seems like the guys didn’t have to say v.much for a hopefully free meal :aliensmile:
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)