Home › Forums › Dinosaur Related Discussions › Dinosaur/J News & Discussions › Dinosaur Jr. in CREEM — Boy Howdy!
- This topic has 7 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 17 years, 12 months ago by crazycloud.
June 13, 2005 at 10:45 am #48031
Dinosaur Jr. recently posed with cans of Boy Howdy beer over at CREEM Magazine. Check it out: http://www.creemmagazine.comJune 13, 2005 at 11:28 am #110165
Interesting. I’d like to try some of that beer.June 13, 2005 at 12:18 pm #110166
Photo by Robert Matheu
… cool find!!Quote:DINOSAUR JR
Home: Under each other’s skin
Profession: One party guy, one walking emotion, one three-toed sloth
Hobbies: Collecting little fury things, preparing a fancy four-course sludgefeast
Last Book Read: Reunited, and it Feels So Good, by Peaches N. Herb.
Last Accomplishment: Being in the same room together.
Quote: "Why don’t you like me?"
Profile: From its inception, Dinosaur Jr. was the most ear-shattering, thunderclap-of-the-gods power trio since Blue Cheer. These punk rockers pulled some of the artifacts of classic rock out of the closet and reminded us all why we like guitar solos so much. They might have been the original cash cow of Alternative Nation, but decided in a very public row instead. Now, after 16 years, the original band is back for a reunion tour. Can you feel the love?
Beer: Boy Howdy!June 13, 2005 at 7:21 pm #110167
What the fuck…I have never heard of that beer before in my life. I bet it rocks.June 13, 2005 at 7:45 pm #110168
i got and saved some CREEM mags from the ’70s around here somewhere…
and of course there ain no reel ‘BoyHowdy’ but they had some promo along time ago where you could win a sixer of BH…not sure what it tasted like-got a feeling it had some IRON CITY in there
sJune 14, 2005 at 12:02 pm #110169
that must be good beer becauyse that is actually J and Lou standing next to each other and they’re smiling!~ i’ll bet Boy Howdy is much like the whil-o-whisp of lagers, LUCKY Lager ….. a damn good lager!@June 14, 2005 at 1:29 pm #110170
There is no BOY HOWDY beer. It was just a joke that CREEM had to get bands to pose for their ‘zine!
I have every CREEM issue from 1974- 1983. Best ‘zine ever. Let’s hope they can get the magic back, but most music sucks today, so it’s doubtful.June 15, 2005 at 4:18 pm #110171
theres a lot of new stuff coming from der sweeden and finlandia !!!!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)