Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Dinosaur/J News & Discussions Dinosaur Jr. All Over Time – Interviews in Huck Magazine

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jeremiah
    jeremiah
    Keymaster

new Dinosaur Jr feature in HUCK Magazine with Murph discussing the Future, Lou Barlow taking on the present & J Mascis on the Past.

Dinosaur Jr. All Over Time
    A no-frills interview with Dinosaur Jr. Past, present and future.

What’s the current harmony in Dinosaur Jr. like?
    Murph – “It’s amazing. Nowadays we’re just like a family. We’ve kind of moved past our dysfunction. It’s just business at hand. It’s pretty great.”

What period in your career was your favourite?
    Lou – “When Dinosaur Jr. was working on You’re Living All Over Me, we did our first long tour of the East Coast with Sonic Youth. We were in that really cool period of struggling, but really coming together as a band. I really thought J was onto something. The whole tour we were listening to the EVOL record by Sonic Youth. I grew up in the Midwest, but it was the first time J and Murph had been to the Midwest. We had one really cool moment when we were in the town that I was raised in. We stayed at a family friends’ house. At one point, all three of us went out into this field. Murph and J looked into the sky and said, ‘I’ve never seen so many stars before.’ And then we were driving home and listening to the last track on EVOL, ’Expressway to Yr. Skull’ and J said, ‘I feel like I’m gonna cry.’ I said ‘Yeah,’ and J said, ‘I think we’re in love with Sonic Youth.’”

With all the technology we have now for communicating, what’s the most exciting for you?
    J – “That my phone has a flashlight in it.”

Full interview: http://www.huckmagazine.com/features/dinosaur-jr/

empire3

Ha ha – again Murph for all interviews !!
    Also after watching that republican guy last night you could do worse as a next president too 😉

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.