Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Dinosaur/J News & Discussions Dino songs covered by other artists / fans

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

snow
    Participant

If you google up j mascis or dinosaur jr, there are some sites that have pretty good info on stuff like this. I think it might help if you did dinosaur jr kiss my ass or something like that. kiss my ass was a kiss tribute album. i remember finding one site that had like everything, blink 182, liz phair did raisins i think, if i get bored, ill try to find it for you

snow
    Participant
    "no" wrote:
    and i know some country band covered the post

seems like that could be either really good or really baad :wink:

Bucky Ramone
    Participant
    "snow" wrote:
    "no" wrote:
    and i know some country band covered the post

seems like that could be either really good or really baad :wink:

…this probably refers to the Cowboy Junkies version of ‘The Post’, not exactly their greatest moment IMHO…. :twisted:

stephe
    Participant

I’ve been searching for the Blink 182 version of Freak Scene for a few weeks now, can’t seem to find it. It’s on the album "Flyswatter" but that’s out of print and nobody has it.

kracked873
    Participant

built to spill – tarpit is pretty good

and my band does a good wagon, lung, or raisans now and again as well as the kids in the hall theme->just like heaven (in the dinosaur key of g, whereas the cure ones in a) we played no bones once too

Robert
    Participant

Doug Martsch often playes Tarpit on(at?) his solo shows.

K7 Rides Again
    Participant

Kurticus has two new ones to add to the mix plus the otheres he has copies of…

Epsilon – Blowing it
    Epsilon – Thumb

Julianna Hatfeild – Raisins
    Blake Babies – Severed Lips
    Built to Spill – Tarpit
    Flyswatter – Freakscene
    :mrgreen:

K7 Rides Again
    Participant

also have a whole slew of Dino Jr. covering other bands…if you all want a list let me know :aliensmile:

Robert
    Participant

Belle & Sebastian – Freakscene

SG
    Participant

I heard that Juliana Hatfield plays Tarpit during soundcheck at her gigs,she has`nt recorded it yet though.

bob
    Participant

simplicity is beautiful by juliana hatfield was based on tarpit. fact!

also the bass line for fleur de lys by juliana hatfield is the same as only shallow by MBV

Sonic Youth
    Participant

i was really excited of the cover of sweet child o’mine … i downloaded it, but this is pretty bad! i think i can play this song better … i think it’s a fake :roll:

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.