Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Fossils dino lyrics

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    Mattman
    Participant

I’m thinking ‘carless’ too… Just listen to the lyrics…

"I’m closer to the golden dawn,

I can’t believe the WAGON’S GONE, IT’S HISTORY,

I’m living in a CARLESS REALM…."

Well, you get it… That’s my take. [img]images/smiles/converted/wink.gif[/img]

[img]images/smiles/converted/cool.gif[/img]

Anthony
    Participant

we are close. i think it is still "college realm". J used to have a station wagon with wood paneling on the side, and Amherst Mass is a college town.

*freshly unemployed…..me too yeeeeeee haaaaawwwwwww.

Anthony
    Participant

j has tons of babes. he’s a rock star. it could be ‘blond’. could also be ‘blah’, ‘blob’……

Javro
    Javro

if in doubt, just make an indecipherable noise that sounds like what J sings.

Kinda like singing along to Stipe (eye of the hurricane, hiddy waddy thingumy, stippy lippy, trip boo, ah oh la lo)

SG
    Participant

I always thought it was "thought of the block today" for some reason.
    In Quicksand J does use different lyrics than Bowie,sort of like Pavement`s version of REM `s Camera,a few lyrics similar but largely different.

bob
    Participant

It could be Carless indeed since the song is about the car that broke down it even says this on the Japanese Wagon single something like "for the car that broke down". Callous is too big of a word for me and J

<FONT>[ September 20, 2001 02:44 AM: Message mutated 1 time, lastly by bob ]</font>

maxini
    Participant

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bob:
    <STRONG>Callous is too big of a word for me and J</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I’ve been thinking exactly the same thing all along. [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img] I’m listening to the tune right now and hear carless too, gotta be it.

K7 Rides Again
    Participant

college room? callous realm? I like college room better…where others seem to dig in, to much reality…where others see there targets, I can’t see anything…not to stable, hangin’ by a string…and I ain’t got the wagon any more…kind of seems like J’s losing some faith doesn’t it?
    Thought of the BLOB today…you know…a blob, as in…a smudge, as in…a mistake, as in…a fuck up, as in…the grape jelly from your PB&J that just landed on your best pants? Thought of the blob today, thought of you, thought of the mess I made AGAIN, how do I do it?…I got no advice ’bout anything just fuck it up yourself…definately blob [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]
    Mattman…I agree…it could very well be someone chasing a fury thing around the room. nice interpretation [img]images/smiles/converted/wink.gif[/img]
    Good catch on the FURY rather than FURRY. I too, always thought it was the latter [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]

maxini
    Participant

yeah, I’m sold on blob now. What a blob not realizing it was blob.

Moving on …

Now when it leaves your hand just understand that I’m the one it hits
    Right through a piece I .. blah .. you really can’t resist

What’s that blah?

Anthony
    Participant

…right through a piece i’ve been keeping away you really cant resist.

maxini
    Participant

Splendid, got the lyrics for the whole tune now. Now, someone tell me how to play that lame little solo that’s in there. [img]images/smiles/converted/wink.gif[/img]

Anthony
    Participant

just hammer away on all of the strings really loud, and it will sound killer

jasper
    Participant

Couldn’t it be, "Thought about today"? That would be the most simple solution.

SG
    Participant

No,he says the blah?,block?,blob?,blonde?, maybe Bob?
    which one is it?

Anthony
    Participant

in a dream last night, the voice of J said "boob".

nuff said.
    [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 73 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.