Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Fossils dino lyrics

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    K7 Rides Again
    Participant

Can anyone tell me what the ACTUAL last line is for On The Way? I’ve seen so many interpretations and have yet to find one that I believe is actually it. [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img] (JohnBonhamIsGod…since ya jam with the man…I’m looking in yer direction!) [img]images/smiles/converted/wink.gif[/img]

Cloud9
    Participant

I’ve been a wreck so long, it’s hard to pull it out Look to me, I feel the fool again

SG
    Participant

I think we should figure out the lyrics to `more light`-the song.

Cloud9
    Participant

Little Fury Things

What is it? Who is it? Where is it? A rabbit falls away from me, I guess I’ll crawl A rabbit always smashes me, again I’ll crawl Tried to think what’s over me, it makes me crawl Then she runs away from me, faster than I crawl I stopped to call, tried to feel it all Stuck my hand and pulled real hard Got length in miles, not in yards Then I read, about all those who believe all of your lies Sunlight brings the rage right in your eyes A rabbit falls away from me, I guess I’ll crawl A rabbit always smashes me, again I’ll crawl Tried to think what’s over me, it makes me crawl Then she runs away from me, faster than I crawl A rabbit falls away from me, I guess I’ll crawl A rabbit always smashes me, again I’ll crawl Tried to think what’s over me, it makes me crawl Then she runs away from me, faster than I crawl

[img]http://www.smilies.nl/03.gif[/img]

humble joe
    Participant

This has probably been mentioned before but what is the first line of ‘Little Fury Things’?

bob
    Participant

I always say "Sunlight brings the reds out in your eyes" this is probably wrong but I like it better.

Mattman
    Participant

I always thought it was ‘grab it’ instead of ‘rabbit’… [img]images/smiles/converted/smile.gif[/img]

Javro
    Javro

and I thought that the first three screamed lines were all "i want her".

And I thought "grab it" too. When in doubt, agree with the stilltobeprovenwrongboutanythingmattman/girl. [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]

Mattman
    Participant

Well, Tonyman, I can only point out something that used to confuse me as well until someguy awhile back emailed me and pointed out an error…

It’s ‘Little FURY Things’ not ‘Little FURRY Things’ as many seem to see it… [img]images/smiles/converted/smile.gif[/img]

Fury, as in rage or anger.

Pretty clever play on words, as we’d expect from J, eh? [img]images/smiles/converted/wink.gif[/img]

[img]images/smiles/converted/cool.gif[/img]

maxini
    Participant

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by deepsludge:
    <STRONG>
    What I feel’s uncertain
    </STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Oh, I thought it was What I feel IS certain.

Regarding Little Fury Things, it makes more sense with rabbit instead of grab it in there now doesn’t it, not that it makes a helluva lotta sense either way. I mean, what’s up with "A rabbit always smashes me" ? [img]images/smiles/converted/eek.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/rolleyes.gif[/img] Is he referring to one of those Monty Python killer rabbits or what? Those were mean little bastards for sure. [img]images/smiles/converted/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/mad.gif[/img] Guess I gotta think that’s what he’s talking about, cuz otherwise I’m afraid I’m gonna loose all respect for the man. Hell, you gotta be a major wimp to get smashed by a cute little rabbit [img]images/smiles/converted/redface.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]

Mattman
    Participant

Hey Tonyman, you certainly are putting a lot more thought in it than I am… [img]images/smiles/converted/eek.gif[/img]

as far as the title thing goes, with early Dino, the titles don’t seem to necessarily have to have anything to do with the song. Raisans is a good example and maybe Tarpit…

Personaly, though, ‘grab it’ makes more sense to me, so my twisted brain’s stickin’ with that one… [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]

maxini
    Participant

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by deepsludge:
    <STRONG>The rabbit is teh woman , maxini [img]http://www.freakscene.net/ubb/icons/icon26.gif[/img] </STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Hmm, you mean he’s singing about a doe. Huh?

*getting even more confused*

*think, think*

Oh! I’ve heard about these things … it’s a … metaphor! [img]images/smiles/converted/cool.gif[/img]

Anthony
    Participant

for years and years and years and years and years i thought it was "grab it" versus "rabbit". rabbit sounds a lot better…

bob
    Participant

I never realised that fury (rage) thing. I like that I wonder if it’s a play on words or just a misspelling (same thing with waistin’). Makes sense too with brings the rage out in your eyes. Maybe it’s grab it and rabbit. Like a rabbit falls away from me, grab it always smashes me. Makes the most sense that way and it kind of sound like it too.

K7 Rides Again
    Participant

I think it’s grab it, too. you just have to space the pause differently. Grab…..it falls away from me, grab…..it always smashes me, again i’ll crawl. he’s reaching for something but is in no really hurry to get it (grab for it and if he doesn’t reach he’ll keep crawling towards it). I think the little fury thing is "it" (what he’s always trying to grab). then the lines about all the lies and the rage in your eyes…i think it is a person. "Fury" in the title would also expain the "rage in you eyes"….fading thoughts….probably a girl he’s attracted to, but has a side he doesn’t quite want to get involved with but he can’t help not to. But with J, who knows. Maybe it’s like FLying Cloud…about an event, place, or person and the story is really only known by a select few. [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 73 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.