Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Dinosaur/J News & Discussions Dino Jr/J songs in skate videos

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author

Mike456
    Participant

What skate videos has his music been in? I can think of a few,

Blind- Video Days – ‘Just like heaven cover’
    1984- Let it bleed – ‘In a jar’
    EE3: Underachievers – ‘On the brink’
    Sight Unseen – ‘Ammaring’
    One Step Beyond – ‘Back before you go’
    Element – Word Tour – ‘Little fury things’

AGAP
    Participant

Hey Mike456,

Welcome to the site :!:

Thanks for putting that list together, don’t think we’ve ever had a complete list here of the skate videos J’s music has been included on. Hope some more people add to the list :aliensmile:

J did an interview with Thrasher Magazine awhile back, talked about Neil Blender & about J getting back into skating, The Z Boys movie etc, no mention of skate videos though…

Thrasher interview with J :mrgreen:

ammaringnyc
    Participant

Wow there are so many new videos with Dino songs I haven’t seen. I quit skating a few years ago I think EE3 was the last one I saw. Who are the skaters in Sight Unseen and One Step Beyond. Anyway you forgot the one with the most J. Alien workshop with the lung, budge, and little ethnic song. Also an old Santa Cruz video had Freak Scene. I think Dino has been in more skate videos than any other band. Maybe close to operation ivy or the decendents.

foghat
    Participant

Good topic. The first time I heard the "wagon" was when I saw the G&S video "Footage". I think the video came out before Green Mind was released. Around 1990? It was amazing. It’s the first song on the video with skating by Duane Peters I think. If you are into skating and Dino I highly recommend this video. Also, Santa Cruz "Speed Freaks" features "Freak Scene". how fitting! The last video I saw with a dino tune was the directorial debut by Spike Jonze: Blind "Video Days" with "Just like Heaven". The video also features legendary skater/actor Jason lee and the skate cult classic hit "the knife song" by milk. That was along time ago.

Mike456
    Participant

oh yeah, in the Toy Machine video "Jump off a building" Brian Anderson skates to ‘Yeah we know’

Bucky Ramone
    Participant

A quite long ‘interview’ with J. from TheSSN.com with a high skateboarding content 8)

simmons
    Participant

I saw an old skatevideo once in a skateshop.. I remember hearing "They Always Come". It’s so long time ago, and didn’t watch more than a couple of minutes, so I have no clue what the name of the video was… :?

Anthony
    Participant

i think Neil Blender rode to They Always come in some video. He was skating on this tiny mini half doing rock n rolls all day long.

But Video Days and Speed Freaks are definete good choices

ammaringnyc
    Participant

They finally released the Knife Song by Milk. Igot it last summer, pretty cool. Alien workshop is where it is at though

ammaringnyc
    Participant

somebody asked for the milk song, I found it email- me and I can send you an mp3 or a copy.

Aatos
    Participant

There is a finnish skateboardmovie(control-sisu) with mind glow in it.
    Its weird but very good that there is so much dinomusic in skatevideos. I guess dino jr is one among the most used bands in skatevideos.

Aatos
    Participant

I saw once a skateboarding clip in tv where Tom Penny skated with "i dont think so". But I am not sure if that clip was taken from any "official" skatevideo..

getmythumb
    Participant

not quite skateboarding, but in TB7, nate bozung snowboards with not you again going, which actually was the first time i heard DJ

mind_glow
    Participant

Cinematographer??? – I don’t think

Bullet
    Participant

Anyone Seen Alien Workshop’s memory screen there is like 4 dinosaur jr songs in it, also in transworlds Videoradio the first song is "I’m not fine" and in transworlds Sight Unseen Ammaring is one of the songs there too. I got in Dinosaur jr through skating when I heard it in Toy Machine’s Jump off of a Building as Brian Anderson’s song it fit him so well, and in my local skateshop video the first song is I don’t Think and the last is Chunks, and according to an older transworld magazine it was Jason Lee’s idea for just like heaven :mrgreen: , he liked the song so much he wanted it for his part but there was too much footage so he gave it to Rudy Johnson. Cool Huh

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.