Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Dinosaur/J News & Discussions DINO JR. EAST COAST & MIDWEST US TOUR DATES (FROM POLLST

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    ammaringnyc
    Participant

J plays the middle east all the time. I guess thats cambridge? I am going to try and have my friend film the summerstage show if they will let him bring in a camera.

AGAP
    Participant

[img]http://www.mtv.com/shared/media/news/images/d/Dinosaur_Jr/sq_dinojr_J_intv_mtv.jpg[/img]

Gotta love that pic from the mtv article…:mrgreen:

rambleon
    Participant

yes, the middle east is cambridge …

avalon’s a great venue … big-ish without being too big … i saw dinosaur jr play there with mbv years ago …

so j doesn’t like the people who own the clubs there or he doesn’t like the musicians who play there … or are they the same thing ?

kracked873
    Participant

FUCK yes,

Mon 07/11/05 Washington, DC 9:30 Club

Wed 07/13/05 Philadelphia, PA Electric Factory

Thu 07/14/05 New York, NY Central Park SummerStage

Fri 07/15/05 Boston, MA Avalon

im there for all four of those no doubt

FUCK yes.

everyonelovesjaron
    Participant

Tickets appear to be going on-sale first weekend in May ~$25.

Anthony
    Participant

hey Kracked, if you need a place to crash around DC, let me know.
    i have space.

King Tubby
    Participant
    "rambleon" wrote:
    yes, the middle east is cambridge …

avalon’s a great venue … big-ish without being too big … i saw dinosaur jr play there with mbv years ago …

so j doesn’t like the people who own the clubs there or he doesn’t like the musicians who play there … or are they the same thing ?

It’s just the club owners — I don’t know what’s behind it specifically, but when I lived in Northampton some local musician friends of mine told me that J had some kind of beef with the guys. Monopolies are always irritating, anyway. I’m sure if the Baystate were big enough he’d play there with the Fog or Dino, but it’s about as big as my living room.

FlyingCloud
    Participant

YAY for you US Dino fans, hope everyone of you can make it to at least one show! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

kracked873
    Participant
    "rambleon" wrote:
    i am a little surprised they aren’t playing the amherst area though :!: :D

there are 4 days off after boston, could be special plans for something in the amherst area that saturday? never know

FreakScene86
    Participant

Tue 07/19/05 Cleveland, OH House Of Blues

AGAP
    Participant
    "everyonelovesjaron" wrote:
    Tickets appear to be going on-sale first weekend in May ~$25.

Wonder if there will be a presale deal for Freaks from the dinojr site, would be cool… :?:

squeapler
    Participant

Hello Fellow Freaks,
    I used to post on the old board when I was going to a bunch of the J/ CV shows, took a little break but now I am back, I’m sure you all can guess what motivated me!! :P :) :D :lol:

wow, the board mechanism even remembered me from wayback! and it’s so cool that this thread had just the info I was looking for on when tickets are going onsale! I am definitely in for the 9:30 show and possibly others, although I will not patronize the Cleveland HOB for ideological reasons and given that I can see the mighty DINO elsewhere…

A presale for freakscene people would be groovy!

I’ll be hanging around and catching up a bit…good to see a lot of familiar handles again…

FlyingCloud
    Participant

hey squeapler, welcome back :D
    it’s good to see that the Dinosaur Jr reunion brings some longtime posters back here. hope you’ll have the chance to catch as many shows as possible!

squeapler
    Participant
    "Flying Cloud" wrote:
    hey squeapler, welcome back :D
    it’s good to see that the Dinosaur Jr reunion brings some longtime posters back here. hope you’ll have the chance to catch as many shows as possible!

hey flying cloud! thanks for the warm welcome! by the way, not to get too far off topic from the J, but I did get to see your fair city of Hamburg last year when Breaker (featuring Mark from CV as well as former CV members Derek and Don) played Hamburg. Very pleasant city (except for the traffic circles) Hope to get back sometime.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.