Home Forums General Discussions Open Topic da BEARS 2

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 64 total)
  • Author

AGAP
    Participant

Just had to post this b4 I go out into the cold…4 BEARS going to the pro bowl [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Brian Urlacher, James Big Cat Williams, Larry Whigham & Olin Kruetz…SWEEET!!! Although I am very surprised that RW and Brown didn’t make the cut, especially since I voted for them numerous times [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    But hey, it seems some people don’t doubt the BEARS!!!

Den Buck fingers crossed you get to check out the final game of the season…Feb 3 in New Orleans. Usually the super bowl sucks, u2 is part of the halftime show this year [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img] There is a pretty good chance one of the teams will be worth watching [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Allison

AGAP
    Participant

Ohhh I am sooo nervous [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img] NFC Central Title on the line today, last game at The Mighty Soldier Field….GO BEARS!!!

Also to help the BEARS out…

Go Atlanta…if they beat the rams..yeah right…we get home field advantage thru the playoffs if we win today

Go Giants…they could beat the pack its in NY… [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Allison [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Matty qui-9
    Participant

#94, running back the interception 71 yards, a thing of beauty, even the announcers couldn’t contain themselves. It looks like this could be our year. Patriots v. Bears in New Orleans. Could Happen.

Go Bear, Go Giants

cheering in chicago
    mat

AGAP
    Participant

WHOOOHOOOOO NFC Central Champions!!!!!!!!!! 13-3, from worst to first [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Mat that Tractor run was amazing, god lost my head during that one!!!! 350+lb guy intercepts it and runs it back 71 yards [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img] That was so SWEET!!!

Replay of 85 would b incredible [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Go Atlanta!!!

Allison

Halfman
    Participant

Wow! What a game. Singletary, Wilson, McMichael and Dent were all there and on WBBM radio, Dent came on the postgame show gave high praise. If that is not the cat’s pajama’s, I don’t know what is.

Big-time records got broken today. Anthony Thomas with single-season record for rookie RB yards on the Bears, Marty Booker gets 100 catches, and Roesy Colvin gets 10 1/2 sacks.

Nice to hear from you again Matty. Big thanks to Allison for keeping the hope going here.

Just believe,
    Tom

AGAP
    Participant

Well said Halfman…Just Believe!!!

http://chicagosports.com/bears/content/story/0,1984,171981,00.html

My face hurts from smiling so much after that win… [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Allison [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Randy Jane
    Participant

I like that Mike Ditka (excuse the not knowing of how to spell his first and or last name) Gladlock bag commercial….thats all i know about the Bears……hes with the Bears right?

AGAP
    Participant

Hey HTW,

BEARS aren’t scared of the rams, I have no doubt we could handle them in the dome!!! Looking forward to it actually, like to see them try and run on our D. warner would get spooked and throw lots of INT’s for our guys to pick off…wonder if Traylor would get another one [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img] Hmmm seems someone doubts The Mighty BEARS [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

This md I work with keeps trying to convert me to the steelers…and the crappy football league in my country…hasn’t worked yet but he keeps trying. Steelers are a good team, made a wicked turnaround this year…Kordell finally woke up [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img] What’s up with Bettis though, hasn’t played in awhile? My pick for AFC champs is The Patriots…I just want a rematch of 85 in New Orleans…that would be sweet!!! So hey god to meet another football fan… [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

RJ your right about Mike Ditka being involved with the BEARS. He played with them and was once their coach…coached them to the Superbowl in 85. He now is a member of the CBS NFL show…always picks The Mighty BEARS to win… [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I don’t remember the commercial your talking about thou.

Allison

ps I am of course speaking in my most delusional BEAR fan state… [img]images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    [ 01-07-2002: Message edited by: Another Girl Another Planet ]

Long Distance Drunk
    Participant

I like the Bears, but I think it will take a year. Same with the Pats. Bettis could have played the last 3 or 4 weeks, but the Raiders kept losing, Fuamatu’malafala (greatest sports name ever) kept churning and they won anyway (except for that bad call in the Cinci game). Its going to be hard for anyone to win at Heinz Field–Pittsburgh is an absurdly NFL fixated town. Heck, Ditka grew up out side of Pittsburgh and went to Pitt! To all you Bears fans–good luck until the Super Bowl. [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Long Distance Drunk
    Participant

Lots of Bears fans on this board! They’re OK, but the Rams are better. Not that I’d root for the Rams or anything–or really that hard for anyone other than the Steelers!

AGAP
    Participant

Hey HTW,

I forgot all about the Ditka/Pittsburgh connection, I read Monster of The Midway The Ditka unauthorized biography about ten years ago…insane [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img] He will always be Da Coach in my mind, was absolutely HORRIFIED when he was fired [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img] understood it on one level but it sucked all the same!!!! Just love Ditka and Glanville on The CBS football show, looked like Ditka was going to have a stroke or another MI last Sunday [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Your D is pretty amazing, good luck back to you guys…until we meet in New Orleans, then its may the best team win!!! Hmm wonder who I mean [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

This is a great article, like Halfman said you really just need to believe [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

http://chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/chi-0201080294jan08.column?coll=ch i%2Dhomepagenews%2Dutl

Allison
    [ 01-08-2002: Message edited by: Another Girl Another Planet ]

AGAP
    Participant

No BEARS this w/e as we kicked so much ass we get the week off [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img] My picks for this w/e…Eagles, 49er’s, Raiders and Miami.

Found what has to be one of the silliest songs on ag…The Mike Ditka Polka…by Lenny Gomulka

Chicago BEARS are the best
    Chicago BEARs beat the rest
    and we owe it all to coach Mike Ditka
    He’s the coach in the know
    led the BEARS to superbowl
    thanks a lot Iron Mike
    we’re glad they picked ya
    he stands for all the grabowskis in our nation
    he’s from the working class
    the iron clad foundation

YIKES [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_confused.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

will be looking for RW’s new single Monsters of The Midway [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Allison [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Halfman
    Participant

Eagles win big, Dungy to be looking for work, and The Bears sharpen the clippers.

AGAP
    Participant

tampa just came out flat and got worse as the game progressed. I don’t think mcnabb will be running on The Mighty BEARS, think Urlacher may have a thing or two to say about that [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img] Eagles do have a pretty good defense thou, it could be a good challenge for The BEARS…get them warmed up for the NFC championship game [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img] Hmmm philly cheese steak sandwiches during the game sounds pretty good [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Raiders game was great, although the jets need to learn a thing or two about time management [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img]

2-o with my picks so far this w/e…go 49er’s [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] God I need to get at least an hour sleep b4 the game…. [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Allison
    [ 01-13-2002: Message edited by: Another Girl Another Planet ]

everyonelovesjaron
    Participant

I like the Bears by 10.

The Green Bay/St. Louis game will be a great one, I bet.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 64 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.