Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Live reviews / meetups D.C. BUG show to be filmed

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    gkay44
    Participant

here’s my entry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv6LZexPvGM

see http://www.inthehandsofthefans.com for more info. I promise to perk up a bit if I’m selected (no sense in falling asleep with an expensive camera in my hands). Maybe J’s beard will do a solo!

Thanks friends.
    gkay44

gkay44
    Participant

It’s kinda disappointing that almost nobody is submitting to this contest. You get to film the band! I’m beginning to feel like it’s a volunteer request. The freakin’ Stooges did this contest last year… the STOOGES folks! DVD coming out this year supposedly (and shot by mere fans!).

jeremiah
    jeremiah
    Keymaster

I have to admit I am shocked at how few submissions I have seen too. Certainly increases the chances for those of you that do submit and I hope you guys make us proud.
    Working with Dave Markey would be great but to get to interview the bands and be a part of filming BUG live is insane.

Annastefka
    Participant

yup, I sort of wish other venues were being filmed also but that would be hard to edit together so sweetly…or how about say just…Atlanta….that would be nice. I do enjoy the folks that have come here to show their entries. Wishing them all luck. I really would love to do something like that…and it’s sort of up my alley but I couldn’t justify the expense and the time away with 4 kids. My husband was looking at houses to buy in Colombia this afternoon (his Mom is thinking about moving back) and I was like in Colombia…ummmm…no J Mascis, no Dinosaur jr…no fog…no me move to Colombia with you dude. I’m going to grow old and die right here in Athens and the kids can wheelbarrow me out to the compost pile. Filming bug live would be insane. Although I seem to remember Lou saying a little something about DC crowds…..

Obseqio
    Participant

Although it’d be great to have more submissions, it would have been nice if this would have come out about two months ago. I’m not good at this stuff, I’ve never posted a video on the web. I would have gone for something like this though with a lot more time. I was away this past weekend on top of everything.

jeremiah
    jeremiah
    Keymaster

Can’t argue with that. More time to prepare would have been great.
    The timing was all wrong for me. 3 shows I could go to but they all surround my daughters birthday and she has other plans.
    Glad they are making a DVD. BTW – both the mini-tour & DVD were on my wishlist to J & his management when they announced the ATP show. Really makes it bittersweet that I will be missing them…. grrrr

gkay44
    Participant

You’re a great Dad for making her birthday more memorable. The timing just happened to be sort of okay for me, plus I think I’d kick myself forever if I didn’t do anything.

gkay44
    Participant

Well, the “In the Hands of the Fans” event was a success! Six actual fans filmed the entire performance at the 9:30 club, with a little help from two other cameramen. I was lucky to shoot from the press pit (between the stage and the crowd barrier) and I think once this whole thing is spliced together with all the footage and audio mix: this will be one hell of a cool DVD!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.