Home Forums Musicians & D.I.Y. Artists Guitar Room Custom Made Pedals…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

OriginalPosterLost
    Participant

Hey people…
    I work as an audio/amp technician here in England, i have a bunch of scematic diagrams from the 70’s.
    I recently built an issue 1 big muff, almost identical sound to the original (sounds loads better than the sovtek reissue!)
    & i’m thinking about buildind a few of these babies to sell…
    let me know if anyone’d be interested, these are what i’m thinking of building:

Issue 1 big muff

MXR phase 90 + EH small stone in one pedal box (this will be mega!)

They would be reasanably priced compared to the originals.

OriginalPosterLost
    Participant

I wonder if you would be willing to allow someone (one of the board moderators that is knowledgeable about vintage pedals – which would exclude me!) review one of yours? I am sort of on the edge between trying to nab a vintage and settling for a re-issue. An affordable "new vintage" pedal, provided it really was good (not to doubt you, but you know how it goes) would be a good thing.

[img]http://www.jamalong.com/fatfarmer.jpg[/img]

[This message has been edited by hager (edited September 30, 2000).]

OriginalPosterLost
    Participant

the idea of recreating an old big muff is a very good one..let us know how u get along as i’m a fellow resident of the uk and would be very interested in the custom pedals you’ve mentioned…I wish i could make my own pedals!!

OriginalPosterLost
    Participant

isn´t harmonix manufacturing the big muff again?

i´ve heard so and i know they are doin reissues of some old pedals like, electric mistress and memory man + some more ,,
    but hey it´s still a very sweet thing you´re doin and it would be great to hear the review of it…

if you can create a sound similar to the triangular pattern big muff then it would be a masterpiece….

bob

OriginalPosterLost
    Participant

Yeah that is very cool, I really want to learn how to do that. Is there anyway you could post a link to a sound sample? Also could you do certain mods to these pedals to taylor sound to the artist’s specifications?

OriginalPosterLost
    Participant

That’s good news Dave.

I’m a home made pedal builder/user myself. Do you by any chance own a schematic for the deluxe memory man by EH ? If you do, I’m very interrested… Keep up the good work !

OriginalPosterLost
    Participant

i think i saw one a time ago at a link at pedalman. they had a couple of cool pedal sites..

OriginalPosterLost
    Participant

Hey Dave (Mountain Man) – I am definitely interested in the Big Muff (no pun intended)

What sort of money are we talking about?

If you want to contact me off the boards my address is [email protected] or [email protected]

Ta

OriginalPosterLost
    Participant

Thanks for all the interest in the pedals i’m making… if anyone is really keen for me to make one for them email me at[img]http://www.freakscene.net/ubb/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img][email protected] for me to sort out postage charges and stuff…i’ll probably charge around £50 for the muff pedal (plus whatever postage) which i think is reasonable considering the russion ones sell for £60.
    i’ve just finished refining my big muff, it sounds great, very similar to an issue 1 version, it has a real big gain boost as well. i’ll also be housing it in a little purple box for all the mascis lovers out there!

Okay later friends.

OriginalPosterLost
    Participant

Dave, was that the correct mail address? I tried to send you a message re: your Big Muff replicas but the mail got sent back.
    Maybe a typing error??
    Anyway I’m a fellow UK resident and am interested in your purple pedals. Have you got some ready already?

Hope to hear more

d*

OriginalPosterLost
    Participant

my email address is in my profile, its the correct one,
    i have only made 2 muffs for my self so far, they take me a couple of nights once i get the parts.

OriginalPosterLost
    Participant

Someone gets ahold of one of these, please post a review! I might be interested too.

[email protected] [img]http://www.freakscene.net/ubb/smilies/earl.gif[/img]

OriginalPosterLost
    Participant

yeah that might be cool

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.