Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

stuartmurray
    Participant

Is anyone else out there DYING to have J come to Canada!?!?!?!?! I mean really, even back in the day J didn’t come ’round much, but now nothing….

J we need your Rock Stylings north of the border man!!!!!

-S.

SG
    Participant

I`m all for J playing more in Canada,there`s lots of fans here and bands that were influenced by Dino(like Eric`s Trip).

FlyingCloud
    Participant

yeah, keep my fingers crossed, that they’ll come over to Canada soon. But I also hope, that they’ll cross some European borders, either… :P :aliensmile:

pelagius42
    Participant
    "SG" wrote:
    I`m all for J playing more in Canada,there`s lots of fans here and bands that were influenced by Dino(like Eric`s Trip).

eric’s trip are my favourite band ever….actually, listening to eric’s trip made me actively look for more dinosaur jr albums…
    too bad they broke up…but elevator kicks ass…

stuartmurray
    Participant

Eric’s Trip played all the time in my home town of London Ont. they are pretty good, but they are no Dinosaur! I NEED some live J Mascis!! I dying up here!!!

J… if yer listening….. Canadians are waiting with open arms and ears!! :mrgreen:

fata morgana
    Participant

J. and The Fog should come play in Montreal… Come on J.–come and party with the best of ’em!!

SG
    Participant

Elevator are good but Eric`s Trip were better 8)
    One of the Eric`s Trip guys said that the best album ever made was the first Dinosaur album :mrgreen: they could`nt play guitar like J but they still had the basic sound down yet they were always compared to Sonic Youth just because they named themselves after one of their songs :roll: they should have called themselves Replusion or In A Jar or Tarpit :wink: :aliensmile:

Bullet
    Participant

Has J even been to toronto :? , he should do a canadian tour all together with the fog
    I live in toronto and the only thing close was New Folk Implosion :) back in like April it was good but not great :| , Lou got interviewed after and he let the interview dude ask all the questions and he only answered one, he also asked if J would play canada then the interview cut off :lol: haha. J should play canada though he would get a big crowd :D here everyone I know is waiting for him to come and he’s toured like everywhere but not here! J! Come to toronto! Please!! Youll enjoy it!!

AGAP
    Participant

I agree it would be great to see J in Canada, no doubt he would get great crowds across the country!

J has played Toronto, he was there with The Fog for the More Light tour in early 2001. He did a great interview with The New Music program, J, Watt & George told some hilarious stories. They showed some live footage of the concert & bits from an acoustic radio performance J did while in town. He kept getting shocked by the microphone :shock: I think they also made it to Montreal & Vancouver that tour as well. Would like to see them in a few more places than the big 3 :wink:

J recently played a couple shows in Vancouver, acoustic shows warming up for Built To Spill.

Here’s a link to a Dinosaur Jr/J concert chronology site, not complete but it has some Canadian shows…

Severed Lips

ps-Happy B’Day I Saw It 8)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.