Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Annastefka
    Participant

It’s 15 degrees here…and while that is not a record cold (record cold in Athens is 8 degrees from like 1890 something) it’s a record cold for me in the South, and it is almost unbearable. Most older homes here were built to be "drafty" to allow air to flow through in the Summer when temps get up near 100. We don’t have central heating…so this morning when I woke up at 7AM….I had hot coals in the stove but nothing else….I could see my breath in the kitchen and my honey on the table turned solid. We all have on sweaters and hats IN THE HOUSE. Also, last week, the news built up and built up our "Southern snow event" and that event never materialized. Poor Alvaro, sat with his nose pressed up against the window all day…waiting for the snow..even though it was not due until the afternoon. When no snow came..he got mad…Scorpio mad….and he asked me "Who should I be mad at?"….I told him "Mother Nature"…but instead he just got mad at me. When I put him to bed, like I do every night…and put my arms around him…he pushed my arms away, and said "Don’t talk to me."
    "I don’t want to talk to anyone ever again"…..Friday Morning, he woke up, ran to the kitchen and found me, put his arms around my hips and said "I’m sorry Mama, I was just mad last night….I love you and can I have some hot chocolate and some eggies on toast"
    Lord please bring on a little snow this winter for my sweet Southern baby!
    My homies in Florida are suffering more than us….31degrees on Anna Maria Island…28 on Amelia Island….I went up to the attic and found some scarves and hats…I don’t think they even have those in storage down in Florida.

girl
    Participant

Oh my, your baby boy is a character! And I want him to have snow. So much so that I will write Mother Nature a letter requesting just that. And maybe I’ll hold a squirrel hostage to show her I mean business.

essgee09
    Participant

Snow for Alvaro!
    so he can have some snowballs to throw

Annastefka
    Participant

We had snow on March 1st last year…so we still have time…it’s just the way the wind blows…when we get the cold air coming from SG’s direction…it tends to push away any of the gulf moisture that could mix in with the cold and make snow….when we get the moisture here in the Winter from the gulf…it usually means a warm spell (up in the 60’s) One day of snow would do us just fine..then it will all be gone in 24 hours….just the way we like it. It was 23 degrees this morning when I took the kids to school…..this is crazy cold for us but on the upside, if you dress correctly…then you can enjoy being outside…and there are no bugs…no fire ants.

PunkyJ
    Participant

I know how you feel. A few weeks ago they were talking about our temp. getting to -8. :shock: I really need to move further south…

Robert
    Participant

We’re sporting a whopping -11.2 of your crazy Farenheits. I’m pretty sure my extremeties are frozen into icecicles. I’m contemplating whether or not to put hot coal down my trousers the next time I leave my appartment.

girl
    Participant

Hot coal down your trousers? That’s what we in the business call a Norwegian weenie roast.

Robert
    Participant

And it sounds really glamorous and fashionable, but it’s out of necessity. I need my extremeties to be more extreme and less frozen.

girl
    Participant

But think of all the fun ways of warming up your extremities! Like putting them up the shirt of an attractive participant. Or wearing mittens!

Robert
    Participant

Mittens ! All is well when there’s mittens to be had.

girl
    Participant

Truer words have never been spoken. Or in this case typed out and sent out into the internets.

Mittens are awesome. And when you pair them up with kittens and Charlie they become even awesomer!
    [youtube]vCaTpFwcC9o[/youtube]

PunkyJ
    Participant

"We’re the hoooooooommee of the original Kitten Mittens. Meeeeeeeeeeowwwww!"

I laugh every time I see that…or every time I see Charlie do, well, anything really. haha

girl
    Participant

Charlie is my guilty pleasure. I love how he’s all screamy and illiterate. My bestedy best friend and I are huge fans and I claimed Charlie as my husband and he claimed Mac as his. Which is weird because Mac is ugly. Even too ugly to recieve my friend’s man on man love.

Oh husband Charlie, I loves you.
    [youtube]x2yFCvN2CT4[/youtube]

PunkyJ
    Participant

Charlie is delicious. My roommate always had a thing for Mac, too. I just don’t see it…

Annastefka
    Participant

I’ve never heard of this Charlie….but…that is exactly how I wake up in the morning….he must be a Gemini or at least an air sign….drive a big truck, and kick some ass….I love it, I can relate to it…go Charlie….sometimes I even sleep in my bandanna, like last night, it keeps my air, I mean my hair from getting all tanglely.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.