Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Live reviews / meetups Cobra Verde video with Watt

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

FlyingCloud
    Participant

in their latest newsletter, the busy guys of Cobra Verde also mention that they’re working on a new video, starring no-one less than Mike Watt :D

here is the newsletter:

SEMI-FREE AND LIBERATED COBRA VERDE NEWSLETTER

1. NY TIMES: CV RECORD BRILLIANT; BAND SAVES SIX PEOPLE, 11 CATS
    2. NEWS: NEW Video star punk legend, blaxploitation pimp, Egyptian
    Belly-dancer
    3. TOUR CONTINUES: The "Liberate Us From this Dictatorship of Bad Taste Tour" is coming to your town.

Hey hey everybody…

I don’t even know where to start (or finish, for that matter). Ever since the new album — Easy Listening — came out last month, we’ve been touring all over the place. This in spite any number of detours: sprained ankles, busted up ribs, a cracked mirror on the van, colds and sad-eyed cats back home who keep on asking, "So how long are you going to leave me this time?"

That said, I don’t have much time to deliver the latest installment of the Free and Liberated Cobra Verde Newsletter. And even if I did, I wouldn’t feel comfortable calling it Free — since, it seems, we’ve become slaves to our devices.

Hey, but at least they’re OUR devices. And what devices they are! The new album keeps on getting all kinds of ink. I guess it’s positive, but we’re so jaded to all the accolades, we don’t even read the stuff anymore. I must say, though, that we were impressed with the NY Times article about us written by some Blair guy. Not only did it rave about the new album, it also mentioned how we saved six people (and 11 cats) from a burning building and, of course, how we grew up dirt poor working the tobacco fields of Cleveland.

To boot, we’re also working on a new video for our song "Riot Industry." It stars punk legend Mike Watt. Summary: He’s sitting in his kitchen, wearing just a flannel bath robe, eating a bowl of cereal — and watching Cobra Verde on TV, only to end up imitating us on an episode of "AMERICAN IDOL." But get this: The video also features Egypt’s most famous Belly-Dancer, America’s most notorious late-night movie host, and Blaxploitation legend, Rudy Ray Moore — a.k.a DOLEMITE.

And oh yeah, then there the live shows. We’re heading out today for a bundle of them. J is playing with us on this batch and he’s been telling us they’re gonna be good. Here are the dates….Hope to see you and sorry for this scattered Newsletter….the live shows have been a blast. Anyway, here are the dates…Sorry for the scatter-brain newsletter. The next one will be better, and it DEFINITELY will feature our plans to bring about REGIME CHANGE…

thanks and take it easy, John, Ed, Mark, Frank, J and J’s dog, Bob, and
    Mark’s cat Motor, and John’s cat Wally

COBRA VERDE…
    "LIBERATE US FROM THE DICTATORSHIP OF BAD TASTE TOUR 2003"

Thur June 19: Double Door, Chicago
    1572 N. Milwaukee Ave, Chicago, IL, 773-489-3160
    Note: We’ll be hanging out at Reckless Records before the show

Fri June 20: Madison, WI, Memorial Union Terrace @ U. of Wisconsin
    800 Langdon Street, Madison, WI, 608-265-3000

Sat June 21: Minneapolis, MN, Triple Rock Social Club
    629 Cedar Ave South, Mnpls, MN, 612-333-7399

Mon. June 23: Missoula, Montana, Jays Upstairs
    119 W. Main, Missoula, MT, 406-728-9915

Tue. June 24: Seattle, WA, Crocodile Cafe
    2200 2nd Ave, Seattle, WA, 206-441-5611
    Note: We’ll be at Easy Street Records before the show

Wed. June 25: Portland, OR, Blackbird
    3728 NE Sandy Blvd, Portland, OR, 503-282-9949
    Note: We’ll be at Music Millenium Records before the show

Thur. June 26: San Francisco, CA, Cafe Du Nord
    2170 Market St. SF, CA, 415-861-5016

Fri June 27: San Francisco, Bottom of the Hill (w/ Evan Dando)
    1233 17th Street, SF, CA, 510-601-0431

Sat. June 28: LA, CA, The El Rey (w/ Evan Dando AND Mike Watt)
    5515 Wilshire Blvd, LA, CA., 323-936-6400

Sun. June 29: San Diego, The Casbah
    2501 Kettner Blvd., SD, CA, 619-232-4355

Mon June 30: Silver Lake, CA., Spaceland
    1717 Silver Lake Blvd., LA, CA., 323-661-4380
    (Note: before the show, CV will play Amoeba Recs, at 7 p.m.)

Tue July 1: Denver CO, Larimer Lounge
    2721 Larimer St., Denver, CO, 303-291-0959

expect nothing
    Participant

" To boot, we’re also working on a new video for our song "Riot Industry." It stars punk legend Mike Watt. Summary: He’s sitting in his kitchen, wearing just a flannel bath robe, eating a bowl of cereal — and watching Cobra Verde on TV, only to end up imitating us on an episode of "AMERICAN IDOL." But get this: The video also features Egypt’s most famous Belly-Dancer, America’s most notorious late-night movie host, and Blaxploitation legend, Rudy Ray Moore — a.k.a DOLEMITE. "

Cant wait to see it, hope it ends up on the internet to download – sounds like a cool video :)

Bucky Ramone
    Participant

[img]http://www.cobraverde.com/images/photos/Ps.jpg[/img]

You can see the video when you click on the pic 8)

AGAP
    Participant

:aliensmile: :mrgreen: :aliensmile:

FlyingCloud
    Participant

cool video indeed! thanks for the update, dB :mrgreen:

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.