Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Dinosaur/J News & Discussions Chills up the spine moment

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

alan ciccone
    Participant

i saw j + the fog last decmber here in ireland in a really small venue really good gig …great moment when evryone sang happy birthday to j to get him out for the encore…my chill up the spine moment was hearing him sing 2not the same" hair in front of his face singing one of the most beautiful songs i stood there mesmerised for the whole song then closed my eyes to listen to it a certain points it wa just amazing…do i worship i bit too much yeah maybe but i thought it was a nice story…aneone got any similar moments from the gigs or even from a song

FlyingCloud
    Participant

yes, they didn’t play ‘Not The Same’ here in Hamburg last December, but a similar moment was when they played ‘Alone’. The volume made the ears bleed, but it was an introverted moment at the same time. The whole gig was unbelievable and left us stunned and deaf but happy [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]
    Too sad that the tour in June had to be cancelled for the known reasons and I hope J is recovering well to come around soon again.

jasper
    Participant

For some reason, it can really send the chills up and down my spine when I’m not at all sure what J is singing. Like at the end of "Forget It." It sounds something like, "Come on. You know I wanna see you. But I can only take so many hurts, are you that one that I…" And then, I just don’t know. I love that. It makes it sound like it’s too painful for J to even sing about. And that almost brings the tears to my eyes, every single time I hear the song.

alan ciccone
    Participant

well dont i feel like the idiot i found out today that it wasnt not the same….it was "alone" i was listening to…i guess i didnt know dino as much then as i did now so i assumed mellow song thats it not the same…..but the lyric "i stand to need u…." always rang in my head i heard alone today and it turns out it was that one

AGAP
    Participant

Hey,

Tons of spine thrilling moments with J tunes but the one that always does it for me is Ammaring…live as well as just audio…that solo…so cool [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]

Allison [img]images/smiles/converted/dizzy.gif[/img]

SG
    Participant

I`m with Jasper on Forget It,great tune.I once was listening to it on my walkman in march 94,walking along a busy highway;with it really loud,one of those canadian winter days of rain and snow;lucky I did`nt get hit by a car.On the other side of the tape was Buffalo Tom`s Big red letter day album,I was switching back and forth from the 2 sides and trying to watch the traffic.

everyonelovesjaron
    Participant

The Heavy Electric Peel Sessions version of Same Day gets me all the way through… that song is a walking chill-up-the-spine maker! [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]

Oh… and when Justin starts doing that popping with his mouth on the new N’Sync single… he’s so dreamy… [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/wink.gif[/img]

FlyingCloud
    Participant

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by alan coughlan:
    <STRONG>….it was "alone" i was listening to…</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

so we felt the same intensity at the same song [img]images/smiles/converted/smile.gif[/img]

passion
    Participant

…I agree with everyone specially with Jasper!
    J s voise and lyrics and music…are so sentimental…they make you feel so alive!
    Full of passion and strong feelings …wanna smile so loud wanna cry so much…

alan ciccone
    Participant

sure did!!!!i only wish id been into them more when i saw them its only been in the last year ive really become a dinosaur fan and i hope to see j live again

FlyingCloud
    Participant

yeah, I know what you mean. I started to listen to Hand It Over after that gig, because of that great version of Alone.
    I bought that CD over two years ago, but I ignored it almost totally, and so I didn’t find out about all those great songs on it for about two years. What a shame [img]images/smiles/converted/mad.gif[/img]

perfect
    Participant

J ‘s music is more than perfect!He ‘s something else! [img]images/smiles/converted/tongue.gif[/img]

dimpfelmoser
    Participant

Let´s not get carried away here. Frankly J.s music is not more than perfect, it´s not even perfect. I mean, that´s part of the atraction, isn´t it?! Those little imperfections here and there. Just like Life itself. Hey, more philosophy for all of you.
    gruss
    d

everyonelovesjaron
    Participant

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dimpfelmoser:
    <STRONG>Let´s not get carried away here. Frankly J.s music is not more than perfect, it´s not even perfect. I mean, that´s part of the atraction, isn´t it?! Those little imperfections here and there. Just like Life itself. Hey, more philosophy for all of you.
    gruss
    d</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree. I listen to bootlegs of bands and it’s those indelable voice fluxes and cracks and imperfections that make live performances so great. Is their a certain perfection in imperfection? Eh… maybe if we had an art/philosophy forum we could discuss this.

lucely
    Participant

Every time I listen to J, I just melt. His voice is so beautiful. I can’t get enough.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.