Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Obseqio
    Participant

So I’ve embarked on buying Dinosaur Jr. LPs. Obviously the first two are most desirable in the first print for since the records were released as ‘Dinosaur’ No ‘Jr’. I wanted to discuss what might be fair prices for these as they have gone up significantly in the past ten years.

I recently won the first album on Ebay for $32.00 even shipped. I was pretty surprised that’s a decent price.

YLAOM is a different story. Picked one up for $61.28 shipped from England. It’s the lowest I’ve found so far and about twice as much as it went for 10 years ago. This album seems to garner more attention than the first, so it seems like a good investment.

I’ve seen both of those albums selling for significantly more from sellers. I understand it doesn’t mean that people are actually paying the prices, but it makes it difficult to get.

Well, I’d like to get ‘Bug’ next. It was to be SST. The lowest I’ve found is $33.69.

When you get into ‘Green Mind’ & ‘Where You Been’ you have the issue of the 2006 releases. I’m looking for original US releases. Its not that easy. ‘Without A Sound’ and ‘Hand it Over’ aren’t very cheap either.

What are your opinions? Why do you collect them? Do they have to be American and original releases for you? What do you find are fair prices for these album? Have you had any luck at Record shows & pawn shops? Any tips on getting these albums for the best prices?

One final note, I had just about every release. Even had the first Dinosaur signed by J. I sold them on Ebay after college eight years ago because I needed the money. I seriously regret that now, I got about $125.00 for them as a whole set. I was hoping to knock it out of the park you know, but that’s the risk with Ebay, you just never know. Now I’m back to the point where I’m getting them back for keeps. I’m very happy to have the first two on the way. I’d be nice to get ‘Bug’ and have the band sign the first three when I see them next month.

Obseqio
    Participant

Another question where the albums from the 90’s released on vinyl from the US. I am mostly finding copies from Germany. What should I be looking for?

Edogg
    Participant

The first two were originally released as Dinosaur? I thought it was just the first album.

Obseqio
    Participant

It’s the first two Edogg. It appears that ‘YLAOM’ was such a great success that even this obscure 70’s band took notice and that’s when they got sued and changed their name. ‘YLAOM’ was released in 87′ but I’m not sure if the ‘Jr’ was added in 87′, 88′ or 89′. But for sure by the release of ‘Bug’ in 89′ the name had already been changed.

Edogg
    Participant

Word that does make sense. I like the Jr alot though.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.