Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Live reviews / meetups BUG mini-tour w/ Rollins interviewing

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    gkay44
    Participant

It’s not clear to me if Mr. Rollins will be interviewing them at the first show (Calvin Theatre, Northampton MA). Is there anyone who can confirm “yes” or “no” if he’ll be interviewing them live at that show?

gkay44
    Participant

Well, after a little digging (e-mail to Brian, the band’s manager) it’s confirmed: Henry Rollins will not be interviewing them at the Northampton MA show. He’ll be doing his “talking show” instead.

Edogg
    Participant

I’m going to see them in Atlanta. Now all I need are some psychedelics.

REEFIS
    Participant

hey i’ve had boston tickets for awhile. they just announced portland, me, which is where i live. It’s on 6/20 but it’s not advertised as a “Bug” show. Henry Rollins will be there to interview. I’m assuming they are playing Bug, but if they aren’t that might make me want to keep my Boston ticket.

Edogg
    Participant

What if they played YLAOM? Then you would be very mad that you went to Bug. I would at least. Actually, probably not they’re all fucking great.

Annastefka
    Participant

Edogg….laughing at your psychedelics comment….who in the world would want to take psychedelics anywhere other than in the middle of some peaceful QUIET setting with trusted friend or lover? Met the sweetest little young Gemini boy in the forest near the Florida border this weekend and he is going to be at the Atlanta (Dinosaur Jr) show with his girlfriend that he calls “little baby” (awwwwww). He told me a nightmare of a story that involved paying good money for he and little baby to see the Flaming Lips….they both decided to go psychedilic (why the Fu*k?) and he told me the story of a band called “Mariachi El Bronx” that he claimed was the worst thing he had ever seen or heard but also because he was in such a state, the nightmare that was this band for him, set up a whole chain of events that ended up with his fleeing the venue and missing the show and laying face down on the sidewalk while huge (two story high) birds of prey tore at the flesh on the back of his neck. Perhaps you should just drink a beer or something. Words of wisdom…..save your “trip” for when you have some alone time you will get more out of it.

Edogg
    Participant

I agree with you that most psychedelic experiences are best in small groups but festivals and shows are another place. I’m not the type who would take a psychedelic and just go to the club or some shit but Dinosaur Jr. hits me on a soul note and seeing them trippin would be just like heaven. And as far as the two story tall birds I call bullshit that sounds more like Dramamine or PCP than L.

Edogg
    Participant

By the way that is a badass name it sounds exotic

jeremiah
    jeremiah
    Keymaster

We are giving away a couple tickets to the 9:30 club show! http://freakscene.net/2011/06/dinosaur-jr-bug-contest/

Really hate I am going to miss both the Atlanta and the freaking NC shows.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.