Home Forums General Discussions Open Topic broken social video

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    luxluxlux
    Participant

Hey Freak Scene people.

Not sure wheres the best place to post this here but…
    I made this video for broken social as a fan project.

I was watching a lot of old early 90’s indie rock videos like Pavement, Sonic Youth and Yo La Tengo those lo-fi ones always were always my favourite. With that in mind I made this video. over a few weekends with friends.

If you get a few minutes free watch the video. I guess its about falling in love with music for the first time…and a girl with a Dinosaur Jr beanie hat.

http://www.vimeo.com/4084309[/url]

Robert
    Participant

Dinosaur Jr beanie hat :!: I’d want to kiss any girl wearing such a hat.
    Nice movie luxluxlux :D

luxluxlux
    Participant

Thanks so much man. I borrowed the hat off my friend, he’s had it since the mid 90’s and was sooooooooo strict about me borrowing it…I had to promise to take care of it and give it back ASAP. I never knew any girls into Dino Jr growing up so when you did meet them it was huge deal…for me anyway.

essgee09
    Participant
    "luxluxlux" wrote:
    I never knew any girls into Dino Jr growing up so when you did meet them it was huge deal…for me anyway.

Me too.Once though in a record store I saw two girls looking through the Dino cd`s and swooning over J.It was kinda surreal since the girls I knew from school were into the Chili Peppers,Nirvana,Pearl Jam…

luxluxlux
    Participant

Yeah I know dude.
    Alot of people were into alt rock/grunge but Dino was an aquired taste I think.

I used to work in a record store and one time this girl came in buying Dinosuar Jr, Sonic Youth, MBV, Pavement CDs. I said ‘OH MY GOD youre buying soooooooo many cool CD’s.’ She looked at me weird and just said ‘yeah theyre for my brother, i’ve no idea what this shit is’.

Also interesting story my friend told me recently that the girl from the Sonic Youth dirty boots video used to come in to the mall record store he worked in NJ and he totally had a crush on her based soley on her bangs and doc martens, his g/fs who knew her claimed she was a poser and were totally jealous when she scored the part in the video. Anyway after the video she was never seen again. I think just started hanging round with "cool kids".

essgee09
    Participant
    "luxluxlux" wrote:
    I used to work in a record store and one time this girl came in buying Dinosuar Jr, Sonic Youth, MBV, Pavement CDs. I said ‘OH MY GOD youre buying soooooooo many cool CD’s.’ She looked at me weird and just said ‘yeah theyre for my brother, i’ve no idea what this shit is’.

:lol:

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.