Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

scpunk
    Participant

what kind of brigde does j have on his jazzmaster?

i have a stranded brigde that came on the jazzmaster, its just not cutting it.

thanks

malcom
    Participant

It’s stock, I think

Bartman
    Participant

He uses a fender mustang bridge, which is the same size as the jazzmaster bridge, but has "better" grooves preventing the strings form slipping off the saddles. A lot of JM/Jaguar players do this (reversible) mod.
    J’ first JM he bought from that Slimy Bob character already had a mustang bridge installed I believe. I cannot recall where exactly I read this though.
    I’m not sure, but I think some of J’s JMs have some other (not mustang or JM) type of bridge too (tune-o-matic?).
    B

Randy Jane
    Participant

hey, neat new feature..hehe.

How exactly would that work though? Using a mustang bridge on a JM? Mustang radius is like 7 1/4" and the JM is a?? from 10"-16" im guessing. Just doesnt seem right…I knew you could swith Stang with Jags though..Im not saying your wrong, im just saying it seems like it would make it ruff/weird to play..but thats J too though.

RJ

Bartman
    Participant

Hey RJ, I’m not sure about those sizes. I never replaced a JM bridge with a mustang one myself since the JM bridge works fine for me, but there are a lot of people who do it. If you search the archives of the Jaguar/JM section of fenderforum.com you can find more info. e.g.:
    http://www.fenderforum.com/forum.html?db=&topic_number=205446&lastpost=2002-07-1211:40:02
    I think that if the size and separation of the bridge "legs" are the same for both types, it should be no problem to replace them.
    Cheers
    B

ammaringnyc
    Participant

J doesn’t use a mustang bridge. He uses a Gibson tune-o-matic brigde. I believe they are relatively close in size but a little work may need to be done.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.