Home › Forums › Dinosaur Related Discussions › Live reviews / meetups › Bowery Show
- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 22 years, 7 months ago by OriginalPosterLost.
November 3, 2000 at 11:23 pm #44124
Sorry, I’m reporting a little late. The Bowery Show was sick. The opening bands weren’t bad (Burning Brides and Nebula 7), but Mascis was incredible as usual. I was kind of worried with the new lineup, and it sounded like Mike Watt was going to sing a few songs, but J pulled out a bunch of the old songs. Mike Watt did one song, and he pretty much had to scream over the music.
J did a bunch of new songs which were cool. "Sameday" rocked, and "Where’d You Go" was amazing. The surprise of the night was an incredible version of "Severed Lips" as part of the encore. Disappointing that he only played for an hour and a half because I’ve seen him play for over two hours before. I will list a few of the songs that I was impressed with: a sick version of "Thumb"(like on Whatever’s Cool with me CD), "Freakscene", "Get Me", and a loud version of "The Wagon" to end the show and leave a ringing in my ears.
Interestingly, I saw actor Adam Goldberg from Fox’s "The Street" there. I have a little more respect for him as an actor now. He was the only celeb. No Uma [img]http://www.freakscene.net/ubb/smilies/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Anyway, the show rocked, but I think that J could add some appeal to his lineup if he had the bassist from the first band playing with him. She was smoking. If anyone saw the show, they know what I mean.
I’m hoping J will come back here if he does another tour.
November 7, 2000 at 4:42 pm #61677
i cant belive i missed the show it sucks being under the legal drinking age old enough to vote but not to see J
"You look down at me and see a fool, you look up at me and see your lord, you look at me and see yourself"
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)