Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Live reviews / meetups boston 11/29/06 setlist and review

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    kracked873
    Participant

Out There
    This is all I Came to do
    Feel the Pain
    Little Fury Things
    Lou 1
    In a Jar
    Yeah We Know!
    Forget the Swan
    Freak Scene
    Lung
    Wagon
    Raisans

Sludge
    Mountain Man

oh man, greeeat show. my 13th dinosaur show since the reunion start and man this shows setlist was just such a breathe of fresh air. its really great to see them at this point where theyre breaking free from the first 3 albums for the first time.

great energy, greats vibes from the band. j was even taking requests in the encore. when some people screamed mountain man j goes "it sounds like theyre youre saying they want blood haha" then murph started a fast punk beat and they made up a little fake song lou murph and j just kinda thrashed for like 20 seconds and lou was screaming "theyy waant blood!" and they ended it, and went into sludgefeast. it was great.

i really enjoyed the two new songs. the new j song really sounded great, and the new lou song was really out there and really amazing. i really dug both of them got me real excited for the new album. i really enjoyed the edition of "feel the pain" and "out there" i havent really listened to feel the pain much since way back when i first got into dinosaur but i reeeally dug it live and with lou rockin the bass, i dunno that lineup can just make any song rock that much more its great.

really suprised with "yeah we know" first id heard that since the reunion and it was awesome and much faster than when i last saw j play it live with the fog at the middle east in 2004. great song.

this show ruled. im very excited for tommorows show.

i know it wasn’t printed on the setlist, but did they sneak ‘budge’ in there too, or is that just my faulty memory?

great show, definitely a lot of fun and they sounded great. if anyone wasn’t geared w/ earplugs, i’d suspect permanent damage has set in by now? damn was j’s wall of marshalls loud.

AGAP
    Participant

I think this guy didn’t bring earplugs… :o

Quote:
    Drunk on Sound

I just got home from a concert. Dinosaur Jr. How did I end up at this show? Well, I got drunk and someone I was drinking with brought them up and I said, "Oh, I’ll go, I love shows." I had never heard their stuff before. But I do love shows. Here are some bulleted thoughts, because it’s that time of the year.

The band was loud. My ears are still muffled and at a few points during the night, they actually, physically hurt. I’m going to the Weepies concert next week; my ears should hurt less.
    There were a lot of white men, ages 25-40. Thus, it was one of the tallest concerts I’ve ever been to. I had a hard time seeing.
    I loved the crowd – there were lots of older people there b/c Dinosaur Jr. was big in the 80s, mainly. That was 20 years ago. You do the math. It was pretty fun to watch middle-aged men rock out. Half the fun of the concert was people watching.
    I got drunk on music. I was quite tired, and the constant thumping of the music on my eardrums – at one point, I felt like I was in a trance. I once went to a rave (in college, on my college campus, so not as nuts as it sounds), and in the middle of dancing, also experienced this similar otherworldly sensation. Amazing.
    The members of Dinosaur Jr. (and their opening band, too, actually) were some of the least glamorous musicians I had ever seen. Round in the middle, wearing grungy t-shirts, sporting grungy haircuts. They resembled the crowd. I smelled a lot of borderline BO. Heh. It was so refreshing. It made me realize that I’ve been really caught up in some superficial bullshit. When you took away all that crap, it was just songs. And there weren’t much lyrics, so it was really drums, guitar and bass.

http://aspiringexpat.blogspot.com/2006/11/drunk-on-sound.html”>http://aspiringexpat.blogspot.com/2006/ … sound.html

early teaser pics…live review w/ photos should be on http://www.transformonline.com in a couple of weeks or so.
    [img]http://static.flickr.com/106/310413633_19ecbd6459_o.jpg[/img]

[img]http://static.flickr.com/100/310372200_4bd5501fbc_o.jpg[/img]

dazedcola
    Participant

That was a really good show.Out There was pulled off great.I liked how after it J goes "thats new to lou" and lou asking if anyone noticed. J’s new song reminded me something similar to "in a jar" where it had a folky verse melody with some introspective lyrics. It was cool how on that song both lou and J sang on the chorus. "Feel the Pain" sounded much better live than on the album version,more defined stop start parts. I liked how J used the whammy bar on the end of the verses in yeah we know, felt like he was bending tha air around me.

Dino Jr seem to keep getting better the more they tour, the playing has become even tighter so they can extend and expand on the songs in a great way.

kracked873
    Participant
    "tinnitus photo " wrote:
    i know it wasn’t printed on the setlist, but did they sneak ‘budge’ in there too, or is that just my faulty memory?

nah no budge, they played the setlist exact other than the encore.

Annastefka
    Participant

I love that guys review……

Tall, middle-aged, round in the middle, borderline Body odor

Could be my profile on E-harmony.com

How tall was that guy 5′ 03"?

AGAP
    Participant

great pics, can’t wait for the rest!

Theres some sound check pics of Thalia Zedak & band at

emptyhousecooperative.blogspot.com

Quote:
    annastefka…I love that guys review
    Tall, middle-aged, round in the middle, borderline Body odor
    Could be my profile on E-harmony.com
    How tall was that guy 5′ 03"?

I love that whole ear bleeding trance like blissful state the guy talks about ;)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.