Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Anthony
    Participant

So…
    I’m going to the Black Cat show with a couple friends, getting a hotel (high speed net access :)) for the night and partying before, during, and after the gig.

Any takers ??
    :)

We’ll be in DC around 2:00pm and staying until Saturday afternoon sometime.

squeapler
    Participant

hi, i’m planning to be there and would love to say hi to you (and anyone else from the board) who’s going to the show. my partying will be limited by my having to drive home right after and work the next day, but meeting ppl at shows is always fun. hope if anyone else is going they’ll give a shout out :D

Anthony
    Participant

cool, i’ll be in the bar before the gig puttin down some suddz. More than likely, I’ll have on a brown Motorola baseball cap.

hope to see you and anyone else from the boards there.
    :wink:

green thumb
    Participant

Yo anthony,
    I’ll be there, I’ll look for the brown cap and say hey. Sucks about J’s studio, hope he’s not still all bummed out about it on Friday. See ya there.
    Green Thumb (aka Paul from Baltimore)

Anthony
    Participant

i’m not sure where the hat is at this moment. i’ll be there though.

brown curly hair, glasses.
    :shock:

everyonelovesjaron
    Participant

Hey. I’ll be there. 6’1", 175lbs, prolly wearing blue jeans and a white Pumpkins tshirt or a red long sleeve nautica shirt.

Give a holla’.

jcows
    Participant

I hope you guys have as good a time as i did @ the first show of the tour. I’m sure you will. RECORD RECORD RECORD….if you can. :wink: . -jimi

squeapler
    Participant

well, the weather reports totally suck for DC this weekend, nonetheless I am going to try to make it down though it means i have to sleep at my office after. have to come straight from work so will be wearing my work clothes (long gray tweed coat, orange tunic top, long hair, glasses)

j13
    Participant

Anyone in Md need tickets to the show tonight. I had some unfortunate events occur and can’t attend. There will be a discount on the tickets.

squeapler
    Participant

kudos to j for such a great show last night. he is one of the only living guitarists who literally makes me feel like i am flying when i haven’t had a beer or anything mood altering. the acoustic gigs i saw last year were nice but FOG=HIGH OCTANE!! i have to admit i almost didn’t go because of the weather reports, but fortunately the snow was late coming in so it wasn’t as bad a drive home as i was afraid it was going to be. once again i missed meeting up with anyone, i planned to look for folks after the show but given the impending snowstorm i had to high tail it out of there the minute the house lights went up. i was by the right speaker stack about ten feet from the Man of the Hour and of course i went home deaf but it was way worth it. big thanks to the guy in the Live t-shirt who moved so I could get a full-on view of J, that was very kind of you, you didn’t have to do that but I appreciate it.

I am impressed with J’s constitution in being able to put on a show like that with all he has been through this year, but I think there are some people like J and Watt who just love the music so much that it seems to give them strength and everyone else who comes in contact with it is touched also…THANK YOU J for a truly unforgettable Valentines’ day experience.

FlyingCloud
    Participant

hey squeapler, thanks a lot for your review :D

glad you came home safely & I wish that to anyone else who’s going to the shows the next days despite of all weather reports :!: :)

I can imagine how impressing the full volume shock at these electric shows is. It almost threw me over when I saw the Fog in 2000 :mrgreen:

squeapler
    Participant

yeah man that was loud alright!

forgot to say george on drums=PILE DRIVER! :D

AGAP
    Participant

Thanks for the review Squeapler :aliensmile:

George=PILE DRIVER :!: gotta love that 8)

Anthony
    Participant

dont forget, Matt=BRICK LAYER 8)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.