Home Forums Musicians & D.I.Y. Artists Guitar Room bending and stuff

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I?m insane
    Participant

hi …must post something it is all to calm.

does anyone know how mascis does those high pitch sounds..for example in the (uhm think it is) peel live thing, I´m not fine intro.

To get this sound myself I´ll bend the string and place the thumb gently on it….but I don´t find this tequnice
    very reiable..anybody else know how to do it?

I?m insane
    Participant

sorry can´t spell….technique is the right word

Mattman
    Participant

I think I know what you’re talking about. I believe they’re called "pinch harmonics". Its where you choke up on the pick and hit the string with both the pick and the very edge your thumb at the same time. As for reliabitity, it just takes practice. There hard to master though, I still screw ’em up sometimes. [img]images/smiles/converted/cool.gif[/img]

furry thing
    Participant

Sorry to bring this topic on (again), since it has been on top of this page the last weeks…

To get this weird harmonics, like J, try to do a pinch harmonic like described above, and use the tremolo bar of the guitar. With loads of distortion, you get that screamin’ tone! Very cool to play!

Marcel

I?m insane
    Participant

well I’m sitting on a tele now without a term. But if I ever buy myself a jazzmaster I will keep this in mind!

a little off topic but I must say that the jap teles are highly underrated!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.