Home Forums General Discussions Open Topic ATP 2003 by Matt Groening & Stephen Malkmus

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

AGAP
    Participant

Kinda cool, Matt Groening from The Simpsons will be curating the LA ATP show this year, June 2003. Pretty pleasing list of bands so far, hard to out do last year though… 8)

Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks will be hosting the NY show September 2003…no guests booked, any suggestions… :wink: 8)

ATP 2003 :!:

Allison

malcom
    Participant

*Raises hand*

Um… what’s a ATP show?

AGAP
    Participant

All Tomorrow’s Party, J played last year with Watt and the Asheton brothers. Sonic Youth played, Kim also sang for The Stooges Tribute show. A few more pleasing bands played as well.

This years LA show has Yo La Tengo, Trail Of Dead, Wire, The Fall and lots more. I’m thinking Stephen Malkmus can put together a pretty thrilling bunch of shows as well…J & The Fog come to mind :!:

buckingham rabbit
    Participant
    "Malcohol" wrote:
    *Raises hand*

Um… what’s a ATP show?

oh malc, you may be from shitsville, but I know your indie cred is important to you so you better not let the kids know about this.

malcom
    Participant

Actually, I’m from Dogwater, about a half an hour’s drive from Shitsville.

And yeah, I hope this doesn’t mean I have to give up my Pyramid belt, Converse shoes, and Pogues albums. :cry: :roll:

Bucky Ramone
    Participant

Allison forgot to mention that there is also an ATP in the UK, in early April, this year curated by Autechre, so the line-up looks a little ‘eclectic’ to say the least….. :roll: :aliensmile:

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.