Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Annastefka
    Participant

Yes…Tubby was saying over under another Topic that he was waiting for some recording to come out with the new material……and I have been thinking the same thing. Otherwise….I would have to say to the band… I want you to know, I have no plans to see you…. I don’t want to go there…..because after seeing the same thing over and over again….and played like you just don’t care….I think I’m over it.

For Goshness….throw some damn Fog songs into the circus….what would it hurt. I’m just one person…who cares about the desires of only one fan but I’m just saying…you know.

Get up and drive to Atlanta for that…….there may as well be an ocean in the way……..

but I may feel different if I could hear whats going on….but I doubt it….Freakscener Mgreenia NEVER drives to Athens to see the band….(even though his Mama lives here) and I almost never drive to Atlanta (even though my sister is there) thats the real truth.

Had to edit in Greenia defense…I think he has an importand job or something…so he can’t just take off on a weekday night. He is a Scorpio…so serious about his work…he doesn’t play around much anymore, if you know what I mean. I knew him when he was a little thing and now he is almost 30….Wow /Time.

Annastefka
    Participant

Ha,ha…..I was up before the crack O when I wrote that…..and I logged on and saw the Dinosaur/J opinions and decided to do a funny play on words….uh, I think it came off a little mean spirited…..I was trying to be funny….I don’t think that came across with ‘puter type. Although on long drives through the Georgia country side…I have taken the song "plans" and rewritten the words in my head….in a Weird Al sort of way….my new version is called "Clams"…..so it has the very special line "Do you have some clams for me" its sort of a reiterating of a beautiful claim that J brought up in an interview posted here recently (Prosoundnews) in which he says:
    "I guess we have all recognized that our chemistry is valuable and something we should try and hang on to."

I couldn’t agree more…………. :D

Annastefka
    Participant

Read a great article yesterday on CNN about the "Health toll of Divorce" very interesting. Of my closest girlfriends, most of us have been married anywhere from 16 to 20 years…..when we hang together, sometimes we end up talking….dreaming….about "running away from it all" or " or having a wild fling" when you have a family and all the responsibilities, life can become routine, lots of routine, sex is routine….for everyone in a long relationship….at certain points….the grass starts to look greener….over there. Classic trappings of the mid-life crises…..mostly men here at Freakscene….but you know it’s true for you also. We live in a college town….so every year there is a new crop of 18-20 year old girls….and just this week they started arriving in town…..my husband came home yesterday and said he saw so many beautiful boobs that he thought he was going to "die" from the excitement of it all…..bless his heart. He was asking me…"Hey, I’m 47…married with four kids"..lately he has been wearing suspenders instead of a belt because he gets a lot of lower back pain and the suspenders help. ..he said "I’m missing a lot of hair on the top of my head…..my beard is now almost solid grey, I’ve got about 35 more pounds on me then when you and I met…..what are the chances I could get one of those girls to go on a date with me?" I had to answer him "uh, that would be like "0 to nil honey, I’m sorry" (Now, if he had a lot of money….MAYBE…but I’m talking A LOT of money.)

I wanted to share this because it’s so funny….Juan has just started Facebooking (he hated it at first) but he has lots of family and friends still in South America and in Europe, and I told him…it’s a great way to keep in touch, see photo’s of your cousins children etc….well, as anyone who FB’s knows, you start to get the old loves coming out of the woodwork….and he told me…"OH, I just got a beautiful friend request and message from an old lover….Melanie…..and I was like…"Melanie….you have never mentioned the name Melanie to me before" I know all of his loves before me, they visit us from time to time, bring their kids and husbands ,have dinner etc. I asked him "When did you have a girlfriend named Melanie, what is she from like 5 or 6 years ago or something?(we have been together 18 years) He laughed and said…something like that.

Anyway…..I had a young friend ask me yesterday….what keeps your relationship going for so many years….through all the ups and downs…..with smatterings of infidelity…and I told her…..well Love is the
    most important thing, I love him and he loves me…we have a tremendous history together…but I also realize (especially since I have not had to work full time…ever…so I have been able to raise my children, with lots of love/ attention and no daycare) that we have a chemistry that is valuable and something we should try and hang on to. I do love the fact that he gives me the best hugs and says "God, how I love you, any other women would have killed me by now."

So if anyone is ever thinking the grass is greener elsewhere…this CNN article is great..
    http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/07/28/divorce.marriage.health/index.html”>http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/07/28/di … index.html it has little nuggets like this: "Research has suggested that marriage has protective health benefits by providing financial stability. Married women have more financial security, which means better access to health care and reduced financial stress. Married men live cleaner lives, eat better spend less time going out, sleep more. Married women tend to manage men’s health care for them…suggesting to them when it is time to see a doctor or scheduling routine physicals for them when research shows that men tend to let things like their own health care slide…etc…

and Girl (gosh how I love that name…sums it up…or as my husband would say…that’s it in a nutshell) you mentioned about me just rambling here on Freakscene…in a good way…my trains of thought..but actually, I’ve been putting together a series about life and marriage and have been recording them…hopefully to be a part of the show "This American Life" a show on public radio..editing..back and forth..good mentions of J Mascis and Dinosaur Jr. as well, neither myself of my husband ever feel jealous, it’s part of both of our astrological make ups really, and I’m sure someting that attracted us to each other and keeps our marriage healthy and strong but for some reason J Mascis is my husbands one and only trigger button, he really gets worked up because of my adoration of J, I try so hard to turn him onto the music, get him to see what I see, but he is not going there, I was so blown away and jacked up about "Farm" and wanted him to just listen, and his answer was, "Like I care about what the hell he is whining about this year" he,he, he…my secret weapon..some of the stuff is so funny…not easy to get work excepted but I’m having great feedback and a great time doing it. (although finding the time to work on the pieces has been difficult this Summer) but school starts next week yay and boo all at the same time.

King Tubby
    Participant
    "Annastefka" wrote:
    I have taken the song "plans" and rewritten the words in my head….in a Weird Al sort of way….my new version is called "Clams"…..so it has the very special line "Do you have some clams for me" its sort of a reiterating of a beautiful claim that J brought up in an interview posted here recently (Prosoundnews) in which he says:
    "I guess we have all recognized that our chemistry is valuable and something we should try and hang on to."

I couldn’t agree more…………. :D

I don’t know about that, at least not entirely. Sure, by keeping the band together J will sell more records and play much bigger rooms than he would with the Fog (unjustly, to my mind, but that’s just how things are); and Lou and Murph will certainly make much more money by being J’s rhythm section than they would doing anything else (and deservedly so — these guys should be getting paid).

But.

To me, Farm sounds more energetic and fully realized than anything J’s done since Where You Been (with the possible exception of More Light). So there have been real creative dividends paid (to use your economic language) by their continuing on as Dino.

On the other hand, it has been maddening to see them bog down in the same limited set of material over the last couple of years. If the CA and Brooklyn gigs are any sign, though, we should expect a ton of new material in the set. And if they step up and FINALLY deep-six the Out There/Feel the Pain duo, or at least switch it off occasionally with another duo of post-Lou material, it might help further reinvigorate their live shows.

They are coasting as a live band at this point. But in truth, I’ve only seen them play one stinker of a show out of 13 since 2005, and just a couple less-than-very good ones. That’s a solid track record for any band, never mind one that tours as much as they do (which they have to do in order to make enough money to support families and careers).

I do feel, though, that it would be great if J were to switch off between Dino and the Fog to keep things fresh for everyone involved. But I think that he, and Lou and Murph, are following the advice of J’s manager to a ‘t’. And, as the band’s continued success shows (however us old farts might grumble), he does appear to know exactly what he’s doing. So hat’s off to him, anyway.

I’ll happily be seeing them here in town, and probably in Milwaukee the following month. Can’t wait to hear more Farm stuff live!

Annastefka
    Participant

Tubby…every thing you said, you said so well…as usual….I want to respond to your post but internet here is spotty and too much trouble….respond when I get home.

erin the great
    Participant
    "Annastefka" wrote:
    Read a great article yesterday on CNN about the "Health toll of Divorce" very interesting. Of my closest girlfriends, most of us have been married anywhere from 16 to 20 years…..when we hang together, sometimes we end up talking….dreaming….about "running away from it all" or " or having a wild fling" when you have a family and all the responsibilities, life can become routine, lots of routine, sex is routine….for everyone in a long relationship….at certain points….the grass starts to look greener….over there. Classic trappings of the mid-life crises…..mostly men here at Freakscene….but you know it’s true for you also. We live in a college town….so every year there is a new crop of 18-20 year old girls….and just this week they started arriving in town…..my husband came home yesterday and said he saw so many beautiful boobs that he thought he was going to "die" from the excitement of it all…..bless his heart. He was asking me…"Hey, I’m 47…married with four kids"..lately he has been wearing suspenders instead of a belt because he gets a lot of lower back pain and the suspenders help. ..he said "I’m missing a lot of hair on the top of my head…..my beard is now almost solid grey, I’ve got about 35 more pounds on me then when you and I met…..what are the chances I could get one of those girls to go on a date with me?" I had to answer him "uh, that would be like "0 to nil honey, I’m sorry" (Now, if he had a lot of money….MAYBE…but I’m talking A LOT of money.)

I wanted to share this because it’s so funny….Juan has just started Facebooking (he hated it at first) but he has lots of family and friends still in South America and in Europe, and I told him…it’s a great way to keep in touch, see photo’s of your cousins children etc….well, as anyone who FB’s knows, you start to get the old loves coming out of the woodwork….and he told me…"OH, I just got a beautiful friend request and message from an old lover….Melanie…..and I was like…"Melanie….you have never mentioned the name Melanie to me before" I know all of his loves before me, they visit us from time to time, bring their kids and husbands ,have dinner etc. I asked him "When did you have a girlfriend named Melanie, what is she from like 5 or 6 years ago or something?(we have been together 18 years) He laughed and said…something like that.

Anyway…..I had a young friend ask me yesterday….what keeps your relationship going for so many years….through all the ups and downs…..with smatterings of infidelity…and I told her…..well Love is the
    most important thing, I love him and he loves me…we have a tremendous history together…but I also realize (especially since I have not had to work full time…ever…so I have been able to raise my children, with lots of love/ attention and no daycare) that we have a chemistry that is valuable and something we should try and hang on to. I do love the fact that he gives me the best hugs and says "God, how I love you, any other women would have killed me by now."

So if anyone is ever thinking the grass is greener elsewhere…this CNN article is great..
    http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/07/28/divorce.marriage.health/index.html”>http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/07/28/di … index.html it has little nuggets like this: "Research has suggested that marriage has protective health benefits by providing financial stability. Married women have more financial security, which means better access to health care and reduced financial stress. Married men live cleaner lives, eat better spend less time going out, sleep more. Married women tend to manage men’s health care for them…suggesting to them when it is time to see a doctor or scheduling routine physicals for them when research shows that men tend to let things like their own health care slide…etc…

reading this post makes me nauseous. I don’t think I want to get married now…

girl
    Participant
    "erin the great" wrote:
    I don’t think I want to get married now…

:lol:
    I completely missed this! It makes me totally want to get married now! *puts on husband hunting outfit* Reduced financial stress here I come! :lol:

essgee09
    Participant
    "girl" wrote:
    *puts on husband hunting outfit*

You mean your gorilla suit? :wink:

*swoons with thoughts of Vermont luv*

*in our prenups I get the banana towel and the carrot you carved of Greg Sage if we get divorced*

girl
    Participant

:lol:

I will freely give you the banana towel but I will fight you to the death over the Greg Sage carrot!

Greg Sage in carrot form. :lol: That’s funny. I picture it enshrouded in a glass case, a spotlight illuminating it while Image of Man plays. :lol:

erin the great
    Participant

oh, I couldn’t care less about money. that’s why I’m enduring tremendous amounts of stress to get myself a degree. what I’m truly worried about is the currently perfect relationship between me and my boyfriend slowly deteriorating… we’ve been dating for a couple years and he’s been hinting to me that he’s looking into getting a ring. i don’t want all the stuff annastefka was talking about to happen to us. however stefka’s husband sounds very different than my boyfriend :D .

essgee09
    Participant
    "girl" wrote:
    😆

I will freely give you the banana towel but I will fight you to the death over the Greg Sage carrot!

Greg Sage in carrot form. :lol: That’s funny. I picture it enshrouded in a glass case, a spotlight illuminating it while Image of Man plays. :lol:

I was thinking people that see it would ask ‘is this real?’ :lol:

girl
    Participant
    "erin the great" wrote:
    oh, I couldn’t care less about money. that’s why I’m enduring tremendous amounts of stress to get myself a degree. what I’m truly worried about is the currently perfect relationship between me and my boyfriend slowly deteriorating… we’ve been dating for a couple years and he’s been hinting to me that he’s looking into getting a ring. i don’t want all the stuff annastefka was talking about to happen to us. however stefka’s husband sounds very different than my boyfriend :D .

The old bitter hag in me wants me to burst your bubble…but then a vision of a carrot Greg Sage appears to me and says wait a minute… :lol:

erin the great
    Participant
    "girl" wrote:
    "erin the great" wrote:

The old bitter hag in me wants me to burst your bubble…but then a vision of a carrot Greg Sage appears to me and says wait a minute… :lol:

YOU, girl, are such a tragedy, but don’t ever let go. :)

you don’t need ta burst my bubble, he’s the only good thing i got goin’ for me lately.

Robert
    Participant
    "erin the great" wrote:

Oh my, erin speaks Sage fluently. Bonus point.

As a related note, you’re ….19, right ? You don’t need to get married yet erin. Even though you’re the great.

erin the great
    Participant
    "Robert" wrote:
    "erin the great" wrote:

Oh my, erin speaks Sage fluently. Bonus point.

As a related note, you’re ….19, right ? You don’t need to get married yet erin. Even though you’re the great.

heh I love the Wipers… great but oft-overlooked band.
    I know, believe me, I’m not in any hurry at all. I’ve even toyed with the idea of never getting married. The prospect scares me quite a bit. :P

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.