Home Forums General Discussions Site Suggestions + Comments Athens show update

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

AGAP
    Participant

This has been confirmed. The show is on for tonight!

Caledonia Lounge website

!!! Monday, 1/26 J MASCIS SHOW IS BACK ON !!!

We are very sorry for the inconvenience and confusion.
    For advance tickets, please go to:

Jomoentertainment.com

Please call the club & doublecheck this thru the day-

706-549-5577

Annastefka
    Participant

OKAY, I feel justified for my last post. The one in which I claimed the show was not cancelled. When you have a musician for a husband you kind of get the word from the street. Well, that is all I can say. Perhaps J. will move to Athens and LIVE WITH US FOREVER!!!!! The weather is pretty good most of the time. What a great town to live in. YES>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>[/b]

jeremiah
    Keymaster

Just got confirmation that he should arrive in Athens today and the show is a go!

:)

rambleon
    Participant

good call annastefka … hope it’s true … are you lucky enough to be going ? if so, you’ll have to give us the full report :aliensmile: :mrgreen: :aliensmile:

Annastefka
    Participant

Yes, friend in London we have tickets and we purchased extra as the Caledonia only holds 150 people. All of our extra’s have been spoken for. However, Jerimiah I am confused, you say J is on the way to town, was he not here all week? Well, most of the week?
    hmmmmmmmmm???

Barton
    Participant

He is playing – I am sure.

jeremiah
    Keymaster
    "Annastefka" wrote:
    However, Jerimiah I am confused, you say J is on the way to town, was he not here all week? Well, most of the week?
    hmmmmmmmmm???

His Manager told me that he set to arrive in Athens today. I have no idea if he was there earlier in the week. The man gets around! :)

Annastefka
    Participant

Jeremiah, you say the man gets around and the Catholic in me says
    "Thank God for that" :roll:

jeremiah
    Keymaster

LOL :P
    cool site btw :)

rambleon
    Participant

j sure does seem to get around … he must have racked up some serious mileage on his car :shock: :shock:

jdiddy
    Participant

:( lame… i guess since im not on the computer 24 hours a day i missed the show. took the night off from work and everything and thought it was cancelled (which really sucks in itself) only to find that it was back on and i missed it? lets see ive been to every dinosaur jr /j mascis/j+fog show to come through atlanta or athens since green mind. payed ummm… i think it was like 50 bucks to see j play at the crappy masquerade music park a couple of summers ago… im pissed, i think its wrong to mess with people like that. or unprofessional or something. im a working person and really cant afford to take off a day and hope j wont cancel. and then not cancel. or whatever… lame :(

AGAP
    Participant

Shame about missing the show :(

J rarely cancels shows, apparently the scheduling conflict was resolved & we let people know about that as early as we could…not that knowing that will help with your current pain :wink:

Sounds like you’ve had the chance to see tons of shows though, hope you get another chance soon.

FlyingCloud
    Participant

hey Annastefka and all you happy people who got the news early enogh & made it to the gig …curious what you think about yesterday’s show :D :-P

and reading your post really made me sad, j diddy. bad circumstances, no-ones to blame, but it was a such a bummer that you missed the show that way! :(:(:(

rambleon
    Participant

yes, that really is a shame :( :( … + not that this is any comfort to you, but i am sure you were not the only one as it was all such a muddle !! on … off … on again in such a short space of time :? … but like allison said, hopefully next time will be sooner than later, eh ?

buuuuut … i too am curious to hear what the show was like … :?: :aliensmile:

Annastefka
    Participant

Well, J. of course was wonderful. Just him and his beautiful guitars.
    Small venue so very nice. A fuzzy warm purple hat that stayed on his head all night. I enjoy hearing a December child (SAG) sing of freedom, of being free, these messages are deep and personal. We (Athens) were gifted this show, that is why there was confusion and an on again off again thing going down. J. Mascis gave this show to us. This was a rather unplanned show given to us by a powerful musician who happened to be in town it appears on other business. I do have a dream however. J. can move to Athens and do weekly shows and the rest world could travel here to see him. Well, I think it is a pretty good idea. More on songs heard later. Does J. ever tire of slew of foolish idiots mixed into audiences? Perhaps he can just tune them out? Ummmmm, on to brighter aspects next post because at my age, I can not go to bed at 3:30 am like I did last night and still feel full of vigor. Adios mis amigos!!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.