Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Dinosaur/J News & Discussions Asheton, Asheton, Watt, Mascis & Barlow???

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

jeremiah
    Keymaster

Just got this from Eric Fischer (Tour Manager)

Quote:
    hey jeremiah,

just thought you might want to know that Lou Barlow was a guest singer at
    both the Brixton Academy show on the Dec 8th and the Mean Fiddler show on Dec 9th. As close to a dinosaur Jr. reunion as we will probably ever see!
    We were trying to get Nick Cave to come down to do a couple but he had a last minute trip to Iceland. Bobby Gillespie did "No Fun" at the Brixton show and noone was injured!

Eric

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I hope someone taped this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in a jar
    Participant

damn, beaten to the punch!

Here’s what I posted in the other thread:

Howdy all… a friend of mine just sent me the following e-mail (you may want to put down your milk before reading this!)

Here’s a review of last night from the chemikal email list.

last night at the Brixton Academy

Anyway, I went to see Primal Scream. Afterwards, we got a free set of Ron Asheton, Scott Asheton, J. Mascis and Mike Watt playing Stooges songs.

[and now for the best bit! :shock: ]

My jaw hit the floor when Lou Barlow came on stage to do 1969 — I’m no expert, but I’d say Barlow and Mascis haven’t played together in years? And Bobby Gillespie joined them for No Fun. It was very LOUD and very good. On one night, members of The Stooges, Primal Scream, My Bloody Valentine, The Jesus and Mary Chain, The Stone Roses, The Minutemen, Dinosaur Jr. and Sebadoh all played on the same stage.

Some side entertainment of the evening included seeing a bunch of pilled up people getting their heads completely wrecked once the AShetons came on stage, and watching some 20 year old geeks grab Kate Moss’s ass.

Wow. I was going to go to htis gig but couldn’t afford it in the end :(

I did an interview with J before he played here in Ireland, and he was really cool. We talked for over half an hour (the tape nearly ran out) and he had a lot more to say than I expected. I promise I will type it up and post it here soon – though my writing isn’t a patch on J’s, judging by his review of Mudhoney!

Later,
    David

SG
    Participant

Lou and J together again :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

The world must be coming to an end soon :shock:

Bucky Ramone
    Participant

…….wow……… 8) :) :D :lol: :mrgreen:

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.