Home Forums General Discussions Open Topic Are You Ready For Some Football?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    everyonelovesjaron
    Participant

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Another Girl Another Planet:
    <STRONG>

Just trying to watch some football now to break myself away from the horrifying newscasts [img]images/smiles/converted/eek.gif[/img] What do I see but Ed McCafferey breaking his leg in two places…noooo, he is my fav afc receiver and now gone for the year [img]images/smiles/converted/eek.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/frown.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/eek.gif[/img]
    </STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never stopped to think who my favorite reciever is in each Conference. I do know that Orlando Pace is my favorite interior offensive linemen on the NFC, tho… [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]

maxini
    Participant

Hey ELJ and allison, thanks for the info regarding superbowl in general being lamer than regular games, didn’t know that. Only problem is, superbowl is pretty much the only american football that’s being shown on swedish tv. Ironic that it’s gotta cost the channel in question a helluva lot more to show superbowl than those collage and interdivision games you guys were mentioning. Guess it’d possible to get myself some cable sports channel, but I don’t see myself putting down money on it at this point. Don’t have time to watch more tv anyways.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Another Girl Another Planet:
    <STRONG>
    What do I see but Ed McCafferey breaking his leg in two places…
    </STRONG>
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Auch! That’s gotta hurt [img]images/smiles/converted/eek.gif[/img]

everyonelovesjaron
    Participant

Max, I see your point about "if you knew the rules better you’d enjoy it more." I feel the same way about Rugby. I see rugby on TV and marvel at what a great sport it is, but I don’t know the rules at all. I have the general concept down – keep passing the ball in hopes of runnign into the other teams goal, but scrums, penalty kicks – what is going on?

Eh, anyway… I guess we all the know the big sports of our country best.

maxini
    Participant

Oh I’m as clueless about rugby as about american football, better ask the english or aussies (if any?) in here about it. It’s not big over here at all. But I agree, looks like a pretty cool sport.
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ELJ:
    <STRONG>Eh, anyway… I guess we all the know the big sports of our country best.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Oh yeah, I gotta mention here that my fav sport alongside football (k, soccer then [img]images/smiles/converted/tongue.gif[/img]) and ice hockey is b-a-n-d-y BANDY! My hometown has a kick ass team, so I’ve always been totally into it. It’s played on ice, but it’s so much faster and more technical than hockey. Hell, hockey players look like seniors feeding doves in the park in comparison. Eh, I sorta got the urge to start a bandy thread right now, but I figure I’d be pretty lonely in there considering it’s only a big sport in Sweden, Russia, Finland and, as of recent days, White Russia and Kazakstan. Well, the USA has a national team, but what can I say, it’s not even a joke. If I recall correctly, Sweden beat them by 21-0 in the latest world cup (and it’s one point per scored goal! :eek [img]images/smiles/converted/smile.gif[/img] Anyways, guess I just gotta put that bandy thread plan aside ’til we get more J fans from the countries I mentioned in here. [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]

AGAP
    Participant

Hey Maxini,

That broken leg deal looked really painful…legs don’t twist that way normally [img]images/smiles/converted/eek.gif[/img] Thing is he held onto the ball despite all the pain and wicked hits…very very tough guy [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]

It is too bad they only play the superbowl in Sweden, not surprising though, but yeah its gotta cost a ton of cash to air that. I picked up a cable deal where I get every single nfl game…sweeet. I am a huge fan of the Chicago Bears, best team in american football…in my opinion [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img] I go on this chat deal sometimes during the game, Bear fans from all over the place..including Sweden, Brussels, London, and Germany very cool [img]images/smiles/converted/tongue.gif[/img]

That bandy deal sounds like a pretty fast game, nhl guys look like senior citizens…hehe will use that line to piss off some nhl hippies round here [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]

Allison [img]images/smiles/converted/wink.gif[/img]

Bucky Ramone
    Participant

Well, talking about favourite sports (getting more and more off-topic, but not minding that at all…… [img]images/smiles/converted/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/tongue.gif[/img] ), how about cricket?

I used to play that at University, it was quite relaxing, games lasting the whole day, once every three hours a ball comes in your direction, you pick it up, throw it back, and you lie down in the sun again, and at regular times you go back in the club-house and you drink some tea…… [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]

ps. at the Eindhoven Student Cricket Club we drank beer instead of tea, which didn’t exactly improve our level of play, but definitely made it a lot more fun!

everyonelovesjaron
    Participant

*Feels the American football going right out of American football thread*

Max, I will look into this Bandy of which you speak. NHL hockey is my favorite sport. (Red Wings, woo woo).

Cricket sucks, IMHO. Baseball too. But to each their own.

AGAP
    Participant

Hey,

A sport where you can lie down on the field and have a beverage sounds pretty cool too me…. [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img] although I would rather it was played at nite with fluorescent gear. Just more fun for me to lie down on the grass at nite and look at the stars and wonder who is out there [img]images/smiles/converted/eek.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]

Allison [img]images/smiles/converted/tongue.gif[/img]

ps Brian Urlacher is the king of current Linebackers..no doubt about it
    [img]images/smiles/converted/rolleyes.gif[/img]

SG
    Participant

Why Salamiguy does`nt like football:
    A neighbour when I was a kid used to chuck dirt in my face and beat up my sister.guess where he is now? a football player,not sure what league.there was an article in the newspaper years ago,something about steroids abuse,his parents I think are still in prison for embezzlement.
    A girl in junior high I liked always talked about the school quarterback,some jerk with a real good football name.

If all of you like football that`s cool with me but I thought I`d mention what I mentioned.

everyonelovesjaron
    Participant

<STRONG>ps Brian Urlacher is the king of current Linebackers..no doubt about it
    [img]images/smiles/converted/rolleyes.gif[/img]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He’s a Linebacker. I was referring to offensve Linesmen.

everyonelovesjaron
    Participant

<STRONG>

CFL is the Canadian Football League, not a fan at all myself because of the rules and lack of huge hits. You get a point if you just kick it into the endzone… [img]images/smiles/converted/eek.gif[/img] People here just won’t believe I can’t be converted, still many attempts… [img]images/smiles/converted/rolleyes.gif[/img] Don’t follow college much myself, follow specific players the BEARS are looking at but thats it for me

</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, never understood the point in the endzone thing.

College is neat. It’s just a totally different atmosphere among the players and coaches. No money, no crybabies, no giving up in the 4th quarter.

But that’s just me.

SG
    Participant

The CFL sucks,can`t understand why people would be into it when there`s the NFL.
    The only sport I`m into now is bull riding,if you want to call getting thrown around on a 2000 pound bull a sport.NBC sports is going to bull riding coverage soon so the sport should be the next big thing(problably not)
    Maybe I should do a bull riding thread!but I problably won`t get any responses.
    One bull`s name is Iggy Pop,I have`nt seen him yet but I`m watching for him.

To get back to football,I had a teacher in high school who used to pass out tests and shout"Are you ready for some football!".

everyonelovesjaron
    Participant

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by salamiguy:
    <STRONG>

To get back to football,I had a teacher in high school who used to pass out tests and shout"Are you ready for some football!".</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

To get back to that quote, does MNF still run that silly song? They prolly haven’t played it for years but we all still use it.

AGAP
    Participant

Hey ELJ,

Since the BEARS don’t have a great O Line had to put in what we have that is amazing and that is Urlacher. Although I think our offensive line could handle most NFC central teams no problem [img]images/smiles/converted/tongue.gif[/img]

Salamiguy not everyone likes football, definitely cool with me but I am absolutely rabid about the NFL. Many have tried to convert me to CFL but no go on that one.

Allison [img]images/smiles/converted/tongue.gif[/img]

everyonelovesjaron
    Participant

<STRONG>Hey ELJ,

Since the BEARS don’t have a great O Line had to put in what we have that is amazing and that is Urlacher. Although I think our offensive line could handle most NFC central teams no problem [img]images/smiles/converted/tongue.gif[/img]

Salamiguy not everyone likes football, definitely cool with me but I am absolutely rabid about the NFL. Many have tried to convert me to CFL but no go on that one.

Allison [img]images/smiles/converted/tongue.gif[/img]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow… I was unaware of the Ulracher move.

CFL as in Canadian (crap) or College? College is tops in my book, just because of the must win every game aspect. Canadian I’m not a fan of because all the differences in rules make it a worse game, IMO.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.