Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Hybridge
    Participant

The tour page shows a couple of pickup dates around the weekend of Coachella, incl. Portland 4/11 and Sonoma 4/12. A Friday show within pedaling distance of my house, woohoo!

We went to Gundlach Bundschu for their Huichica festival a couple of years ago and they’ve got a pretty amazing spread. It’s a winery, lots of drinking, not my thing but the actual venue is pretty amazing, outside of town up on a big hill, olive orchards, vineyards, a big pond, oak forests, wine caves, barns, views of Mt Tam across the Sonoma valley, incredible. Yay.

Obseqio
    Participant

I’m glad you get to go Hybridge. I saw Dinosaur three times in the Fall. I went to the D.C. show, the Philly show and the New York show a month later. The Philly show was better than the D.C. show. Maybe it had something to do with that being the last show of the North American tour. But the New York show is probably the best Dinosaur show of all time. It was amazing! Anyways, enjoy them as much as you can.

Hybridge
    Participant

Obsequio–that New York show was one for the ages, at least from what I saw on youtube. I don’t usually find the all-star guest appearances shows very satisfying, but that was an incredible concert with stellar sit-ins—especially Kim Gordon et al on Don’t—totally unhinged, brutal, wrenching amazing cathartic– the whole show was killer great. Lucky you and everyone who was there.

Super pumped to hear Dinosaur Jr in a barn on a hill.

Check out the Huichica fest and a bit of J’s set:

Annastefka
    Participant

🙂

Hybridge
    Participant

Looks like they’re adding more CA dates to the tour page, sweet.

I’d drive to the Fresno show if they can get Brian Kenney Fresno to open!

From a crystal ice cathedral
    Of a mystic land called Sweden
    Came a pyrotechnic wizard rising star
    Fulfillment of the prophecies
    Traveled wide and far
    Shred master wanker God
    We know who you are
    He’s Yngwie F’in Malmstein
    That’s who!
    That’s who!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq6QSCLdqRs

Annastefka
    Participant

Man, we were just talking last night….trying to figure out when we are going to get some Dinosaur Jr up in here again. We came up with late November or December…jeez, that’s a long way away. Our sweet little town is Athens GA, not Atlanta, just a gentle reminder.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.