Home Forums Musicians & D.I.Y. Artists Guitar Room Anyone tried the Little Big Muff yet?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

RSTguitars
    Participant

Just wondering how it compares to the other models. They claim that it "presents the classic, true-to-heritage, 1970 tone that falls somewhere between the current U.S. Big Muff and the Russian Big Muff."

I love my USA Big Muff… but if this one really captures the sound of the ’70s Muffs, I may have to pick one up!

http://www.ehx.com/ehx2/Default.asp?q=f&f=%2FCatalog%2F01%5FNew%5FProducts%2F03%5FLittle%5fBig%5fMuff

rage:man
    Participant

haha, i didn’t even know they made this. i should check it out. i still have my damn Russian made one. >_>

stanner
    Participant

i picked one up when they came out and compared it to my lambsheads(2) and…HATED IT!!!
    no comparison…too generic…blindfolded you would be hard pressed to figure out what pedal was being used…not so w/ a good BIGMUFF-they have a very distinctive sound.
    find one from the early days and you will be happy
    sez me :)
    s 8)

lookitssam
    Participant
    "rage:man " wrote:
    haha, i didn’t even know they made this. i should check it out. i still have my damn Russian made one. >_>

Don’t front yo, I love the Russian one. It’s so muddy and gross.

rage:man
    Participant
    "lookitssam " wrote:
    "rage:man " wrote:

Don’t front yo, I love the Russian one. It’s so muddy and gross.

well, i love it. especially for thick classic rock sounds, but i can’t get a good tone with it. i want a raw but not too raw sound. the US one is much better.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.