Home Forums General Discussions Open Topic Amusing read on behalf of a young moron

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • Author

Mattman
    Participant

So, its a boring rainy Saturday evening hear in Tallahassee, Fl so I decided to muck around amazon.com’s popular music section and wound up reading some of the user reviews for the Minutemen’s ‘Double Nickels on the Dime’ album (like I said, I was bored.) [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Anyway, I found this one to be pretty funny, because it speaks volumes of truth about the little wanna be punk kids these days…

<blockquote><font>quote:</font><hr> PUNK?, April 25, 2000
    Reviewer: kidpunkrock182 from LIMA OHIO

OK I JUST WANT 2 NO HOW THIS MUSIC IS SUPOSED 2 BE PUNK CUZ IT AINT. THERE ARE A LOT OF SONGZ ON HERE BUT THA PROBLEM IS THEY ALL SOUND THA SAME AND THEY AINT EVEN PUNK THEY SOUND LIKE ALTRENATIVE OR SOMETHING. THIS CD’S GOT MORE SONGS THAN ANY OTHER CD I OWN BUT I STILL CANT FIND 1 SONG I LIKE ON IT. IF U PPL THINK U CAN HANDLE TRU HARDCORE PUNK THEN CHECK OUT OLD KORN AND LIMP BIZKIT P.O.D. OR STAIND.

<hr></blockquote>

See what I mean..? [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/cool.gif[/img]

everyonelovesjaron
    Participant

Miraculous find. God damn that’s funny. [img]images/smiles/converted/lol.gif[/img]

Mattman
    Participant

That’s it… I just couldn’t resist sticking it in my sig. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

everyonelovesjaron
    Participant

Oh, it’s in your sig… I thought you had posted it again as part of your testing over in the other forum.

(Notice how I didn’t reply to it). [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Mattman
    Participant

(Notice that I didn’t make subtle, yet damaging changes to your account status.) [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

[ September 01, 2001: Message edited by: Mattman ]</p>

AGAP
    Participant

Hey Mattman,

Unbelievable, check out old Korn and Limp Crap for old punk sounds….more alternative than punk…ahhhh. That is so [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_redface.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img] Sad state of music when that is considered old punk…god [img]images/smiles/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Allison:evilangel:

ps looks like my weather fix didn’t work for your part of the world…oops

dfkgurl
    Participant

Too funny. That is truly a gem, Mattman.

Mattman
    Participant

Its sad, but still kinda funny… Makes you want to smack the kid upside the head with a mackerel or maybe a herring… Some serious seafood assault. [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Yeah, that cool air you sent down here hit some warm air coming from the south and made lots and lots and lots of rain for us… I appreciate the sentiment though. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Now I just gotta find the person who pumped all that tropical air from below… [img]images/smiles/icon_mad.gif[/img] Probably either aliens or zombie sympathizers… [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img]

[ September 02, 2001: Message edited by: Mattman ]</p>

everyonelovesjaron
    Participant

<blockquote><font>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Mattman:
    <strong>(Notice that I didn’t make subtle, yet damaging changes to your account status.) [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

[ September 01, 2001: Message edited by: Mattman ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

Wha…?

Mattman
    Participant

I mean it, I didn’t change a thing… Can’t say that would’ve been the case had you made some useless reply to the testing forum though… [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

everyonelovesjaron
    Participant

<blockquote><font>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Mattman:
    <strong>I mean it, I didn’t change a thing… Can’t say that would’ve been the case had you made some useless reply to the testing forum though… [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img] </strong><hr></blockquote>

Oh… you DIDN’T make any minute changes… I didn’t read it correctly, my bad.

Siphonophora
    Participant

scandalous the way kids are brought up these days….

AGAP
    Participant

Hey,

Too funny Siphonophora and very true [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I was in my least fav record shop on friday and they had divided up some music into new categories. It was scary they had punk (included limp crap), alternative (included pretty much everything else) and a punk metal section…ahhhhh. It was horrifying to say the least. I swear theres a zombie out there who mails out new categories to the crappy record stores weekly [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img]

It is pretty funny though, people will always categorize and define things in whatever way suits them…cool with me. Here’s hoping after being bored stiff by that crap they start to investigate some original cool sounds. Probably end up here eventually.

Allison [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

SG
    Participant

The kids today are`nt being educated on music,the Goddamn music press and major labels are running the show with flooding the market with their crap.
    My cousin thinks Kiss and Van Halen are alternative and that Shania Twain is alt country.
    I gave him some Sebadoh cd singles and some albums taped,such as Sugar`s Copper Blue;I asked him what he thought of Copper Blue,he said"it`s not really good music you know".He liked some of the Sebadoh songs but I really doubt he`s a fan.I also gave him a bunch of mix tapes with lots of indie rock on them,he problably taped over them.
    If a kid discovers Modest Mouse and his friends are into korn;his friends are gonna diss him for liking the Mouse.He`ll either give up on MM or he`ll tell his friends to go to hell and like whatever he wants to.
    I never cared what my friends thought of what I listened to,one friend called jazz elevator music;I ignored him,I went to school in grade 9 with Sonny Rollins in my walkman while the rest of my classmates liked def leppard,paula abdul,and new kids on the block;I got dissed for liking jazz,I did`nt care.
    One of my friends hated punk,he said it was so easy to play and that john mellancamp was were it was at.I don`t see any of these friends anymore,I don`t need them,I like what I like and could care less of what they think is "unprofessional".
    I never really had a friend that shared the same music tastes of me.The people who work in record stores are the only people I talk music with.
    The local music store has the sections spilt like-punk,alternative,metal,pop like Allison said.If I own a record store someday I`m going to have no catorgories and piss everyone off.
    as I said before,the government should issue Ramones albums to 13 year olds,then you would`nt have these fake punk kids.

SG
    Participant

I`d liked to think in 50 years that Husker Du will be remembered as a important contributer to late 20th century rock music than korn or limp bizkit.
    J will also stand the test of time more than this nu metal crap.

Glad to talk music to you folks out there,as I said the music store people are the only ones that I talk music with,but the manager usually gets them to stop talking and get back to work.Really like this site and all you cool folks.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.