Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Dinosaur/J News & Discussions Amazing and beautiful last night….

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    peaches
    Participant

Dinosaur Jr were just so amazing last night, I couldn’t have wished for them to be any better. Even with ear plugs in, it was perfect. I’m so glad i followed your advice and took some for me and my friend.

Some guys on the Tube afterwards were saying how they couldn’t hear. But my friend who i was with said they didn’t even have all the amps that they had the last time he saw them.

Did anyone else go?

I stood in the middle part of the venue, on the left by the railings and couldn’t stop dancing.

Great night! And loved ‘I dont wanna go there’ from Farm, and loved it when they played Feel the pain.

xxxx

essgee09
    Participant
    peaches wrote:
    But my friend who i was with said they didn’t even have all the amps that they had the last time he saw them.

So they showed some mercy to fan`s eardrums this time :) I think Rambleon went.Javro?[/quote]

empire3

Glad to hear it was a good night! :D
    I couldn’t go…! Stupid fucking TFL !( London Trains are on strike for 48hrs)
    Basically overpaid terrorists that hold the city to ransom so they can increase their holidays when it gets warm!

Did anyone see if they had any new t-shirts/merchadise?????

Also setlist please?

peaches
    Participant

hello again…

They had some really cute t-shirts. I didn’t get one as they didn’t have my size :(

No cd’s or vinyl or anything.

I don’t have the setlist because my memory is too bad. :)

I wish i was going to Derby tonight,

jeremiah
    jeremiah
    Keymaster

http://www.mojo4music.com/blog/2009/06/dinosaur_jr_spark_freak_scenes.html”>http://www.mojo4music.com/blog/2009/06/ … cenes.html

Quote:
    Dinosaur Jr Spark Freak Scenes At The Forum!
    A CRUSHING SHOW that proved the continuing vitality of their reconvened vintage line-up, Dinosaur Jr’s return to North London’s Forum – still The Town & Country Club in the eyes of many of last night’s attendees – rolled back the years to 1988, when Nevermind was still a gleam in Kurt Donald Cobain’s eye and indie discos lurched to the scorching sound of Dinosaur Jr’s Freak Scene.

Their setlist drew in crowd-pleasing fashion from the first three albums, though it was also good to see bassist Lou Barlow – who had already left to concentrate on Sebadoh when Dinosaur Jr secured their major label deal – put his back into Warners-era nuggets like Out There and Feel The Pain.

Tracks off the reformed line-up’s recent records – Beyond and Farm – held their own, a consistent theme provided by the epic punkfolkmetal guitar catechisms issued by mainman J. Mascis’s Fender Jazzmasters.

The band bade farewell with their cover of Last Rights’ Boston hardcore nugget, Chunks, and – despite murmurings that this could easily have been the last time the volatile unit played these shores – said they’d be back again later this year.

In a heart-warming tribute, Lou Barlow explained and that they were playing this one-off show because "MOJO is our favourite rock magazine". His effusiveness offset the familiar Trappist vibes of mainman J. Mascis – memorably described by MOJO’s Stevie Chick as "resembling a greying Nana Mouskouri playing in a vast cave composed entirely of Marshall stacks".

Support was from Clinic – soldiering on despite the loss of lead singer Ade Blackburn, who wasn’t well – and Dino favourites Hush Arbors.

richmondpinch
    Participant

From memory:

Tarpit
    Budge
    Been There all the time
    Back to your Heart
    Pick Me Up?
    Out There
    Feel the Pain
    I Don’t Want to go There?
    The Wagon
    Freak Scene
    Forget the Swan (highlight #1)

Encore:
    Kracked
    Sludgefest (highlight #2)
    Chunks

Great gig which a bit of rucking and heavy handed bouncers couldn’t ruin. Lou apologised for the oldies and said they’d be back in the year to play the new album. J said "wooh" a lot inbtween songs. Saw Kevin Sheilds in the middle. New Farm snail T-shirt looked fab. And if anyone is going to see the Fall tonight there ARE tubes operating on the Victoria and Northern Lines.

empire3

Thanks guys!- The one time need to get into central london !!! :D

Hopefully I’ll get to the Brighton gig! Seems like a good excuse to get my girlfriend/someone to tag along …

"oh lets go to the beach, Wow I didn’t know dinosaur jr were playing here tonight and how did those tickets get into my pocket :D "

Hopefully they will play some new songs next time around! – Over it, Pieces , Your weather, Theres no here & see you ….. J, please take note :D :D

peaches
    Participant

i wish i was in derby tonight :(

darren
    Participant

It was another great show…J was having a few technical problems with his effects rig but it didn’t affect the show

here’s the correct setlist

Tarpit
    Budge
    Been There All The Time
    I Don’t Wanna Go There
    Back To Your Heart
    Little Fury Things
    Out There
    Feel The Pain
    Pick Me Up
    The Wagon
    Freak Scene
    Forget The Swan

Kracked
    Sludgefeast
    Chunks

BabyTwin
    Participant

Can we expect a Bootleg of this show,was really disappointed I never found one from Koko in may last year,that was an amazing show and one of the loudest i’ve ever been to. Last night was fab,really perfect set list,really hope someone recorded it and will post it soon.

If anyone finds anything please let me know

[email protected]

J Cave – is

King Tubby
    Participant

I think I’m going to fall over in shock the first time I hear them play a set full of new material.

Yeah Right
    Participant
    "essgee09" wrote:
    "peaches" wrote:
    But my friend who i was with said they didn’t even have all the amps that they had the last time he saw them.

So they showed some mercy to fan`s eardrums this time :) I think Rambleon went.Javro?

I was at the front, without earplugs, and the ringing in my ears only lasted until June 11th. Last time I saw them (again at the front) my ears rang for 8 days. Judging by that I’d say it wasn’t as loud this time. J still had the three stacks, one with a Marshall head, the other two with Hiwatt heads (I think.)

"empire2" wrote:
    Did anyone see if they had any new t-shirts/merchadise?????
    Also setlist please?

They did have new merch. There was a sort of beige Farm t-shirt with a snail design, a grey t-shirt with the Green Mind design (possibly with glow-in-the-dark text), and a blue Farm t-shirt with a tree dude design. I will append a picture of the latter to this post when the wash finishes :p

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.