Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Live reviews / meetups Am I first back? (London, 8th June)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #48011
    Avatar
    mcfc_phil
    Participant

    Great show.

    Basically only stuff off the first 3 albums, with In A Jar and Just Like Heaven added….

    Came on at 9, off at 10:20….

    Gargoyle
    In A Jar
    er – can’t remember the order

    sorry.

    #110035
    Avatar
    Annastefka
    Participant
    "mcfc_phil" wrote:
    Came on at 9, off at 10:20…..

    I wish, What is it about many European shows? They start earlier.

    Why must we wait until 11:45 or so?

    9 to 10:20, in and out.

    #110036
    Avatar
    gruntage
    Participant
    "mcfc_phil" wrote:
    Great show.

    Basically only stuff off the first 3 albums, with In A Jar and Just Like Heaven added….

    Came on at 9, off at 10:20….

    Gargoyle
    In A Jar
    er – can’t remember the order

    sorry.

    the gig was incredible.

    plus a great bonus of getting their autographs before hand!

    Murph sat next to us in the pub :D

    #110037
    Avatar
    rambleon
    Participant

    cool … what pub?

    #110038
    Avatar
    mcfc_phil
    Participant
    "Annastefka" wrote:
    "mcfc_phil" wrote:
    Came on at 9, off at 10:20…..

    I wish, What is it about many European shows? They start earlier.

    Why must we wait until 11:45 or so?

    9 to 10:20, in and out.

    well, that’s much earlier than normal – 9:30 – 10:45 or so is the usual sort of time – most venues have a ‘curfew’ at 11pm, so that usually dictates, and the band will usually play right up to that time, but that’s as late as it gets!

    #110039
    Avatar
    rambleon
    Participant

    yeah … and the forum had a curfew of 11pm …

    #110040
    Avatar
    lard
    Participant
    "rambleon" wrote:
    cool … what pub?

    the pub across the road, erm, forgot the name, i was with Gruntage at the time. Murphs a real nice bloke, as were lou and J.
    J and Lou went off to the Noodle bar while Murph was in the pub.

    But yeah, an amazing gig, completely blown away……

    #110041
    Avatar
    mcfc_phil
    Participant
    "lard" wrote:
    "rambleon" wrote:
    cool … what pub?

    the pub across the road, erm, forgot the name, i was with Gruntage at the time. Murphs a real nice bloke, as were lou and J.
    J and Lou went off to the Noodle bar while Murph was in the pub.

    But yeah, an amazing gig, completely blown away……

    Assembly Rooms? Sorta next to the Tube Station?

    #110042
    Avatar
    ChrisSmall
    Participant

    Cue loads of people going in that pub tonight in the hopes of seeing them there ;)

    #110043
    Avatar
    ChrisSmall
    Participant
    Quote:
    Assembly Rooms? Sorta next to the Tube Station?

    There’s a pub directly across from the Forum (I too forget the name). So he might mean that one. Been in there but it was years ago.

    #110044
    Avatar
    gruntage
    Participant
    "ChrisSmall" wrote:
    Quote:
    Assembly Rooms? Sorta next to the Tube Station?

    There’s a pub directly across from the Forum (I too forget the name). So he might mean that one. Been in there but it was years ago.

    yes thats the one. can’t think of the name. had a big red sign though.

    we were just outside on the tables, and murph, and some other guys (one of whom was the guy who designed the flyers and posters etc available at the show) just came and sat on the table next to us. surreal.

    good gig though.

    and Eugene Kelly was awesome.

    #110045
    Avatar
    lard
    Participant
    "mcfc_phil" wrote:
    "lard" wrote:
    "rambleon" wrote:
    cool … what pub?

    the pub across the road, erm, forgot the name, i was with Gruntage at the time. Murphs a real nice bloke, as were lou and J.
    J and Lou went off to the Noodle bar while Murph was in the pub.

    But yeah, an amazing gig, completely blown away……

    Assembly Rooms? Sorta next to the Tube Station?

    no, it was the "game on" pub, still forget the name, but the beer garden is directly opposite the forum, where Murph, roadies and the guy who made the posters were (p.s. nice posters, limited, and only £5 :wink: )

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.