Home Forums General Discussions Open Topic All Vinyl Mix(or SURFACE NOISE!Ooooooooo Baby!)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

SG
    Participant

Sandy Denny-It`ll Take A Long Time
    T Bone Walker-Born To Be No Good
    BB King-Strange Things
    The Police-Bring On The Night
    Eric`s Trip-I`m So Near Here
    Bill Bruford(with Annette Peacock)-Back To The Beginning
    Duke Ellington-Blue Skies
    Stan Getz-Lady Bird
    Leonard Conan-Engine
    Muddy Waters-County Jail
    Heiner Goebells/Alfred 23 Harth-The Ballade Of The Durable Grey Goose
    Buffalo Springfield-Mr Soul
    Pat Metheny-Country Poem
    Paul Bley-Started
    Junior Wells-The Goat

Robert
    Participant

The inclusion of the police was a surprise to me:) Love the cohen, bb king and t bone songs! And you can’t go wrong with ellington :D

Bucky Ramone
    Participant

….and the Goebbels/Harth track, that’s the surface noise I presume…. :twisted: :P

SG
    Participant
    "Robert" wrote:
    The inclusion of the police was a surprise to me:) Love the cohen, bb king and t bone songs! And you can’t go wrong with ellington :D

I was into The Police when I was younger,I got that record from a friend who I traded something for but don`t remember what(I think it might have been a tape by The Police)that was in 1987 and I still own the record!CONAN not COHEN :) it`s a local band that I have a 7 inch ep by on orange vinyl 8) I have 4 old BB King albums along with a bunch of other blues records I`m glad I own.The T Bone Walker record I got from the vinyl store downtown around the time I got my turntable,it`s on a italian label called Deja Vu that releases cheap compilations by many artists like Charles Mingus,Marilyn Monroe,Sonny Boy Williamson,etc.
    The Ellington record is from a record I found at a flea market for $2,it`s a 50`s pressing(really thick vinyl)but the music is from 1946,I`m not sure if it`s on cd so I got a rarity :)

SG
    Participant
    "dB stands for den Buck" wrote:
    ….and the Goebbels/Harth track, that’s the surface noise I presume…. :twisted: :P

Yeah,it`s a crazy free jazz track with duck sounding bass clarinet 8) I`m looking for a Harth album on ECM from 1983 that has Paul Bley and nutty british singer Maggie Nicols.

Robert
    Participant

Oh, I actually thought it said Leonard Cohen – Iodine, from the truly eclectic Spector collaboration Death Of A Ladies Man.
    I haven’t heard much of the Police, but I really like So Lonely, both the lyrics and the melody are great.
    How’s the sound of the Ellington record? The thickness should give a real good sound I would imagine.

SG
    Participant
    "Robert" wrote:
    I haven’t heard much of the Police, but I really like So Lonely, both the lyrics and the melody are great.
    How’s the sound of the Ellington record? The thickness should give a real good sound I would imagine.

I always endorse the first 4 Police albums.The first album(So Lonely is on it)is raw and punky(John Cale was going to produce it but it did`nt happen)My fave album is Ghost In The Machine which may not have been produced well but it has a crazy horn section and a great collection of songs.
    The Elliington record sounds scrachy but does`nt look like it is :? must be how vinyl sounded in the `50s.It only has 8 songs on it so it`s not that long,it`s called In A Magenta Haze on a label called Golden Tone(or Gold Tone)

SG
    Participant

Found another Ellington album with the same songs as the record I have:(except I only have 8 of the 13 songs):

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&uid=UIDMISS70403071745160495&sql=A9aqag4sbtvoz”>http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=am … qag4sbtvoz

Robert
    Participant

I have some old billie holiday records, they too have a sort of distant crackle sound to them. So I guess it might be a sign of the times they were made in.
    Glad to hear that liking So Lonely is okai :)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.