Home › Forums › Dinosaur Related Discussions › Dinosaur/J News & Discussions › Albini
- This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 21 years, 9 months ago by SG.
September 3, 2001 at 12:35 pm #42869
I was wondering has J ever worked with the great Steve Albini? That would be a cool collaboration i reckon. Any history between the two guys?
And any recommended Albini productions welcomed!September 3, 2001 at 4:38 pm #52719
A friend I met here where I live gave me a CD by a now-believed-to-be-defunct band called Dead Steelmill. They originally hail from the same neighborhood I gew up in in Chicago,IL, USA. The name refers to how the economy of that particular area went from prosperity to poverty in about 5 years due to most of the steelmills in that area closing their doors. Now the area is a urban hellhole with drugs and street gangs amok.
As far as the CD is concerned, Steve Albini produced it. The album was released in 1996 on an label called Wisconsin Steel Records. (Wisconsin Steel was the first and biggest plant to fold up back in the early eighties, by the way). The music is pretty much hardcore punk, (more Minutemen and Black Flag than Korn and Limp. Sorry, Mattman [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img] !) and talks about life in the area coping with the fallout. The band has a link on Yahoo, but I think they are not together. If anyone knows more on them and wants to know more, let me know.
[ September 03, 2001: Message edited by: Halfman ]</p>September 4, 2001 at 1:12 am #52720
Per Above, The name of the album is called just got laid off. Sorry about that.September 4, 2001 at 10:17 am #52721
As far as I know J has never worked with Albini.
For Albini productions I`ll post some later in open topic.also look up in the open topic back pages for salami`s cool music picks;I posted a story about a chicken dinner with Albini I heard about,it`s not a typical chicken dinner.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)