Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Live reviews / meetups Albany Show At Valentines

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

presz
    Participant

Just got back from the show at Valentine’s in Albany, NY. Amazing!!!! I have seen Dino several times and this was my favorite probably because the venue was so intimate. Can’t wait for the NYC show.

Cheers,

jcows
    Participant

Woah. Tryin to get through today @ work w/ a little hearing loss is tough. I had a great time @ the show and got a copy (not a good one), but a copy of it on tape. I’ll post the setlist when I get home this eve. He thanked FREAKSCENE.NET!!!! for the pedal and spoke briefly of the fire. G. Berz played drums and a first time bassist named….ummmmm…..oh i forget. That’ll be posted w/ the setlist as well. I’m psyched that I got the chance to thank him for the years of great music again after the show. I hope everyone else has a comprably (is that a word? or did i just make it up?) wonderful experience when they see him rock out on this tour.
    -jimi

FlyingCloud
    Participant

hey presz and jcows, thanks a lot for the first impressions of the first gig of the new Fog tour :)

Sounds like it has been as loud & overwhelming as it may have been anticipated… and all that in an intimate atmosphere … sounds like something I’d love to see&hear myself … WAAAH!

Hey jcows, you’ve got a recording of the show? that’s fantastic! any bit of it would be warmly appreciated here on the boards (hint, hint: There are lots of upload possibilities, you could get in contact with the new freesofree.net BBS, or take a look at any of the other FreakScene FTP servers…) :P

A setlist would be cool either :) The new bass player is Matt Hunter (of New Radiant Storm King), really curious to hear more about how the new Fog line up is like…

Seems that ammaringnyc could make it through the snow to Albany to give J the FreakScene pedal! :mrgreen: …I’d definitely love to hear more about that :!:

bobocap
    Participant

J was awesome at Valentines! He opened the show with the Lung!! Excellent choice. They had a bit of a problem at the beginning with the sound. J’s vocals just weren’t loud enough. He blamed it on the sound guy. Or could it be that HE was playing too loud!!! And J’s drummer couldn’t take the smile off his face the entire show. They are a fantastic band!!

SG
    Participant

Thanks for the reviews folks :D 8)

AGAP
    Participant
    "jcows" wrote:
    Woah. Tryin to get through today @ work w/ a little hearing loss is tough. I had a great time @ the show and got a copy (not a good one), but a copy of it on tape. I’ll post the setlist when I get home this eve. He thanked FREAKSCENE.NET!!!! for the pedal and spoke briefly of the fire. G. Berz played drums and a first time bassist named….ummmmm…..oh i forget. That’ll be posted w/ the setlist as well-jimi

:aliensmile: :mrgreen: :aliensmile:

Sounds like a great show, looking forward to the set list :!: I’d love to hear them do No Way live, & everything else :wink:

People have something pretty pleasing to check out along the east coast in the next little while…Enjoy the shows :!: :aliensmile:

jcows
    Participant

The setlist:

Lung
    Freedom
    Out There
    Free So Free
    Budge
    Sameday
    Set Us Free
    To Tell the Truth
    Little Fury Things
    Ammaring
    The Wagon
    Get Me
    Just Like Heaven
    Repulsion

Oncore:
    (thanked freakscene, but clled us .com/ not .net)
    Freakscene
    Thumb

So my recording didn’t come out so well….General Electric makes a mean toster oven, but they’ve got lots of work to do on their recording walkmen!! It’s nice to have it on tape; not so nice straining to hear the music through the hisssssssss. More signed ticket stubs and broken drumsticks to add to the collection makes me happy. Can’t wait to hear about the rest of the tour. -jimi

Anthony
    Participant

awesome. thanks for the review. Can’t wait til Friday !!! :twisted:

J, please play No Way :P :P

expect nothing
    Participant

Sounds lilke a great show, nice and LOOOUD :D

Cool that he thanked us for the pedal :mrgreen:

Hope everyone else getting to shows in the tour has a greaat time :)

Cloud9
    Participant

Thanks a lot for the reviews
    Sounded like a wicked gig

hEY Jcows would be so cool if u upload this gig so we can enjoy this

ammaringnyc
    Participant

I arrived at the show a little early and hung out downstairs. Valentines is pretty cool I had never been there before. Anyway the show began. the opening band was ok kind of funk rock stoner band. I saw J come in. I gave him the pedal and said it was from the people at freakscene. He just kind of stared at me. So I told him what the pedal was and that he should use a fuzz in front of it and that I hope he likes it and uses it in NY. He said he would check it out and said thanks. J was using his purple Jazzmaster with stickers. He also had two other Jazzmasters. I think they may have been reissues because one was the color pink that the reissues are, but I am not sure. He had one full stack with the purple head (hope the white one is allright) and a spare head. He had a small rack with pedals probably half his usuall setup. No fender amp for a moniter either. The bass had a half stack and the Dino bass (black Jazz bass Mike used) and George had his drum set not the clear blue set he usually uses. Anyway they played really well for the first show. I was suprised how many songs Matt new. I requested Just Like Heavan and he said "I can probably fake that" they playyed it amazing with him singing "you" on the hard parts. I was affraid J might forget the pedal but he thanked freakscene right before playing a great rendition of Freakscene. Overall a great show and I am excited for the city show.

FlyingCloud
    Participant

thanks for all the reviews & the setlist :D

It’s so cool that J got ‘our’ pedal, thanks again for the idea and the effort, ammaringnyc. Hope he’ll like it! Great that he thanked FreakScene.net (hopefully no-one will mix us up with freakscene.com, now :shock:)

Thanks also for the detailed description of their equipment – sounds like the fire took some of it, but it didn’t harm the sound :mrgreen:

Looking forward to the reviews of the other shows :P

AGAP
    Participant
    "ammaringnyc" wrote:
    I saw J come in. I gave him the pedal and said it was from the people at freakscene. He just kind of stared at me. So I told him what the pedal was and that he should use a fuzz in front of it and that I hope he likes it and uses it in NY. He said he would check it out and said thanks. I was affraid J might forget the pedal but he thanked freakscene right before playing a great rendition of Freakscene. Overall a great show and I am excited for the city show.

Cool 8) No doubt J was more than a little surprised 8) Thanks again for doing the whole deal, we definitely appreciate it :aliensmile:

Anthonyg, J does requests so yell loudly for No Way, would be so sweet to hear that live :!:

Anthony
    Participant

i’ll yell for it. That’s gotta be my favorite tune off the album. err… bonus tune. 8)

rambleon
    Participant

that’s cool that you made it there and got to hand over the pedal personally …

"He just kind of stared at me. So I told him what the pedal was and that he should use a fuzz in front of it and that I hope he likes it and uses it in NY. He said he would check it out and said thanks."

i’ve come to the conclusion that j always looks shocked and confused when someone who doesn’t know him goes up and talks to him … but that’s cool, i guess it’s just his way … :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.