Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Live reviews / meetups Akron review/setlist

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    xindeed
    Participant
    Annastefka
    Participant

I’m a little confused by the sets I’m seeing……Did I hear in an interview here recently, that this round of touring was supposed to be all about doing things a little different so as not to rehash the same old same old or did I dream that? I sort of want to hear some new songs but I know, I’ve seen all the folks around me screaming to hear "Freakscene", that’s what it takes for some to feel they got their $20 bucks worth, I guess. I’ve got to stop drinking so much coffee in the morning….it’s starting to make me nervous and feel like I have to pee alot. Hmmmmm, dear readers of this post have been spared a lot of my run away nonsense writing because I have to run away to the bathroom, I think I’ll carry my coffee cup with me.

King Tubby
    Participant

My sense is that — coupled with J’s known aversion to extensive rehearsing — they’ve decided to stick with the same old stuff because they’re mainly playing places they’ve never played before. So they’re giving these audiences a chance to hear the old stuff that the rest of us have heard a million times before.

I’m still psyched to see them tonight, but would’ve loved to have heard new songs in the set.

In light of this, someone should change the news blurb about the tour on the Dino home page, which claims that the band is "road testing new material" on these dates.

Elbit
    Participant

they did play a new song that night. it was imagination blind. it was only lou and murph though because j’s power went out. it was a great show and i got to meet them. mostly just lou. and awesome color.

xindeed
    Participant
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.