Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    FrancoAC
    Participant

I met Dinosaur Jr after their show at the Leeds festival, UK a few years ago. Been into this band like 20 years so it was a great honour for me. It was also great to ask J about his Jazzmasters and FX.
    My girlfriend (also a big fan) managed to get a signed set list. Heres a few pics..

My good self and J
    [img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y222/franlubas/17.jpg[/img]

Signed set list
    [img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y222/franlubas/dino2.jpg[/img]

Annastefka
    Participant

yes, that’s one of them…whadda I call it….set lists that J can read with out his glasses. I can only make a make a logical guess to this because neither myself or my husband could read a child’s bottle of liquid medicine the other day….even with our glasses on……and we both have bifocals…..we were holding the bottle like two feet away and then bringing it up to our noses……could not decipher the numbers. Somehow this brought us both into fits of laughter telling our oldest daughter, I guess we are just a few years away from adult diapers and bingo games at the Elks Club. Or perhaps it’s just time to go get a new pair of glasses, it’s been, I don’t know 4 years now since I’ve had my eyes checked. J almost always has his glasses on for solo stuff….I used to wonder why not wear his glasses for Dinosaur or Fog stuff,he seems comfortable with them. I thought it was a "Buddy Love" type of thing. Then it dawned on me that he moves around a lot less doing solo stuff and it’s probably just a matter of not wanting them to fall off. BTW…has anyone ever seen Michael Stipe do a show, that little bugger gets around. He is dancing, climbing, squatting, running….lots of running. He is not slinging a heavy guitar but still….I tried to imagine doing that almost every night in a row, for months at a time….no wonder he weighs like 90 lbs. A lot of folks a few years younger than me (ones in their mid-twenties to mid-thirties) are getting laser surgery on their eyes…they all come and tell you…."you’ve got to do it" ………. That’s so not going to happen. That scares me …and I don’t get scared very easily. Now I have to stop writing this silly post, because I’m really just trying to avoid going outside and getting started with my work, which is removing a fence today……..,which is going to be no fun….at all.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.