October 15, 2001 at 3:32 pm #44705
I post this with some trepidation as I know this subject may be mentioned somewhere else, sorry if it has, but anyways…
Reading about your favourite bands and what you’ve recommended me, it seems these bands are generally older 80s/ 90s? What I’m wondering is, is their a current scene, sort of undergroundish with a lot of cool new bands? An equivalent to the mid-80s perhaps?
One day I may be able to speak to you guys without everything being a question! I’m only 19 though! [img]images/smiles/converted/rolleyes.gif[/img]October 15, 2001 at 4:16 pm #65768
I think we mention older stuff because we have years of hindsight to look at them,if they stand up over time,etc.
There are good bands around today,we mention them sometimes such as Modest Mouse,Sparklehorse,Godspeed You Black Emperor,Mogwai,Low,etc. Bands who are heavily influenced by old stuff such as the Hellacopters who keep late 60`s-early 70`s Detroit pre punkers the MC5 and Stooges music alive are fantastic.October 16, 2001 at 3:18 pm #65769
Saves The Day…
because everyone knows great music follows this pattern: detroit punk => alt rock => emo.
Yep, it’s totally made up, I know. [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/rolleyes.gif[/img]October 17, 2001 at 2:37 am #65770
Like Salamiguy said: a lot of new(er) bands get discussed as well over here, and he mentioned some very good examples. Occasionally I drop some new names in the "I just bought…." topic, like Gore Slut, AM/FM, and my latest discovery: Sanford Arms, so keep following topics like that as well!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)