Home Forums Musicians & D.I.Y. Artists Guitar Room 12 fret guitar?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

OriginalPosterLost
    Participant

I just wanna know (something that i see in a guitar mag)if j really use a 12 fret neck gibson guitar for a live acoustic set? Is there someone who happen to see him with that sort of guitar?

OriginalPosterLost
    Participant

When i went to see J do his recent acoustic gig in London at the Underworld he had 2 acoustics with him, and 1 was a small parlour type acoustic which i think was a Gibson, I couldn’t be 100% certain though. A nice guitar nevertheless. Hope that helps a little..

OriginalPosterLost
    Participant

From an article in a guitar magazine I have I know that all J’s Martins are 12 fret guitars, except maybe one, but he doesn’t mention the Gibsons at all. Sorry!

[img]http://www.jamalong.com/fatfarmer.jpg[/img]

OriginalPosterLost
    Participant

Is it the Gibson that is in question or the 12 fret that is in question

Not doing that fine

The Donfather
    Participant

When I just saw J at the Grog SHop his acoustics of choice were an older Gibson Hummingbird and what appeared to be an older Gibson that looked like a cross between a CF-100 and a J-180E in cutaway form. I have searched for the exact model but have come up empty. Both of those have necks that join at the 14th fret. If anyone knows what that other Gibson was I would be greatly appreciative.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.