Home Forums General Discussions Bootleg Trading 11.29.07 Knoxville, TN / are SBD recordings allowed?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    br54knight
    Participant

I just found out an hour ago that I’m gonna be able to attend the Dinosaur Jr. show tomorrow night at the Valarium in Knoxville. For those that don’t know… or care… this will be the very first show at this new venue. The building had been there for many, many years & was home to Knoxville’s Electric Ballroom but that was shut down earlier in the year when the owner of Blue Cats bought it. They renovated it & are hoping to turn it into one of the better music venues in Knoxville. I keep hearing that they’re modeling it after The Orange Peel in Asheville so I’m really looking forward to not only getting to see Dinosaur Jr. but to check out this new venue as well.

So with that said, I audio record a lot of shows here in East Tennessee & would love to capture this show. I’ve read that Dinosaur Jr. are taper friendly BUT I’m currently limited to only having equipment to plug into the SBD (soundboard). I could probably find the answers I need here on the board but right now my time is limited & there’s SOOOOO much stuff on here to sift through, so if anyone knows for sure if the band allows SBD patches, PLEASE let me know? And if they do, who’s their soundperson & what kind of beer do they drink?

LOOKIN’ FORWARD TO IT!

~ Jason ( br54knight )

[img]http://a488.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/39/l_8f3c3bd658774fbc94dc234f00ef4bb7.jpg[/img]

Anthony
    Participant

Sit tight. We’ll have an answer here shortly on what you can or cannot do in TN on the 29th.

Dino is very taper friendly, take a look at http://www.freesofree.net

br54knight
    Participant

Right-on Anthony! I’ll await the verdict.

Anthony
    Participant
    "br54knight " wrote:
    Right-on Anthony! I’ll await the verdict.

Response from Tour Manager:
    Unfortunately we’re not into that, sorry Anthony. Brian

So, I guess it’s a "No"
    Sound Engineer’s name is David, long straight blondish hair. Tall and slim.

br54knight
    Participant

Well damn. :( That sucks, but it’s their music, their call. I know of several bands who are very taper friendly but don’t allow SBD patches – that’s why I wanted to check first. Oh, well… that just means I won’t be tethered to the recorder & SBD area all night so it’s actually better for me. Do you know if any other Knoxville tapers have reported that they’re coming out? I’d love for someone to capture this show especially since it’s the christening for this new venue. Anyway, thank you Anthony. I appreciate your time & your help.

S-A-A-ALUTE!

~ br

tom_in_chicago
    Participant

IMO, ambient recordings of dino are way better than soundboard connections, which don’t have any of the fuzz or distortion. it makes things sound …. weird.

br54knight
    Participant

I totally agree but SBD recordings are better than no recordings at all right?

Well… I don’t know… maybe not.

Elbit
    Participant

Did anyone perhaps record this? I was there and would love a recording. sbd or not it would be awesome. i don’t think i saw anyone recording but figured i’d give it a shot. i thought the venue might want to since it was the grand opening and stuff.

Elbit
    Participant
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.