Dimpfelmoser like yr choices.
I would also say…
1. Slint (see Codeine, Tortoise, Mogwai, Rodan amongst many others).
2. Television (punk rock could be played by musos)
3. Velvet Underground
4. Half Japanese invented lo-fi
5. Neu and Can et al invented Stereolab – not MBV – though MBV would be in my list too.
6. Beefheart said you could play what you like, and the Minutemen took that ethic on board.
7. Minutemen are truly an inspiration.
8. The debt to Minor Threat must not be underestimated.
10. Neil Young
11. Creedence Clearwater Revival
12. Leonard Cohen invented miserable Indie.
13. Pavement were more influential than successful.
shit I could go on forever.